FFH Dinner Report

NormR

Thanks, Norm!

The last paragraph on Francis Chou's thoughts is interesting.  Looks like he might be reporting a stake in AIG soon. 

Wondering, though, where he's getting the $30 in patent value per share for RIM.  Can someone else confirm that he said there was $30 in patent value there?

Thanks, Norm!

The last paragraph on Francis Chou's thoughts is interesting.  Looks like he might be reporting a stake in AIG soon. 

Wondering, though, where he's getting the $30 in patent value per share for RIM.  Can someone else confirm that he said there was $30 in patent value there?

No. He said $13

Thanks, Norm!

No. He said $13

Thanks MrB. 

That makes a bit more sense, although it's still a surprisingly large number.  Did Chou say how he got that valuation -- for example, by getting a patent litigation boutique to give him an analysis?  I know that at least one analyst has said that the RIM patent portfolio is only worth $2.5 billion, which comes out to  about $5 per share.

This is clearly something we should examine, as it explains why FFH bought into RIM at such high prices.

Thanks, Norm!

No. He said $13

I thought the $30 was way too high - but I wasn't there.  Can anyone confirm the $13?