Buffett is Less Bullish on U.S. Than You Think

Parsad

From what I've noticed. People confuse a rising standard of living with rising incomes. Globalization will probably give a rising standard of living (sans natural resource problems) but it will also inflate the world's labor supply thus putting pressure on rising incomes.

That's assuming America can compete in a globalized labor market. There are still huge problems with energy, health care, education and immigration.

I wonder what Alice call all of that money that Buffett laid out to all of those companies since last fall.  She also questioned Buffett's reluctance to invest in foreign markets.  I wonder what those companies like ISCAR, BYD and CNOOC(which he sold out and made a fortune on) are located. :-)

This was an insane commentary.

May be you and I just read the wrong article, scion, but this is what I see, "It’s inconceivable that he would tell the Average Joe it’s OK to buy global when he isn’t" when I see he makes investment in BYD, SanofiAventis, Glaxo, and completely bought ISCAR into the Berkshire fold.  I wonder where those companies are domeciled at.  Are they not foreign?

I don't know.  May be I read the wrong tea leaf, but that's what I see, and here I see this article that cautions investors as to what Warren has been doing.  The man only put down something in the neighborhood of $20BIL on different companies.

May be the tea leaf I should be reading from Buffett is look at what I do more so than what I say? ;-)

The article is vague and lacks clarity in language and idea, just like Snowball.  I do not know what exactly she is saying after reading it several times.  She needs to improve her writing skills, but maybe she is doing this intentionally to be provcative without committing to a concrete position.