Canucks are out but on with the rest of the Playoffs.

Smazz

I'll start off by saying I picked them to go to the Finals again.

The last 2 series (last years Finals, this series) Sedins were no where, Kessler was no where, Burroughs no where. WOW! No goals in any of those series yet they blame their goalie.

I hear they are even blaming Luongo for not stopping that shot in O/T?

I hate it when teams blame their goalie when the rest of the team dissappears.

They used to do this in Detroit whenever the Wings didnt win it all or went out before they were expected. I don't think they can will pull that in Detroit this year though.

Anyway, will be interesting to see what they do in the offseason.

Absolutely correct that often times goalies get too much blame, and Robbie Loo may be in that category.

That said, Jonathan Quick has done a lot to keep the Sedins, Kessler and Burroughs off the scoresheet.

-Crip

Absolutely correct that often times goalies get too much blame, and Robbie Loo may be in that category.

That said, Jonathan Quick has done a lot to keep the Sedins, Kessler and Burroughs off the scoresheet.

-Crip

Oh yea, for sure.

I mean some of these goalies that are playing great came out of no where in the last few seasons  or in the case of Holtby, he's only played 7 regular season games this year!!!

Yes, unfortunately my beloved Canucks are out!  I think Lou needs a fresh start, and he's not going to get that here with Schneider becoming a star.  I think Tampa needs a goalie and Lou's wife and her family live in Florida.  Mason Raymond is gone.  Vigneault is probably gone.  Kesler was almost invisible for most of this series, and if it wasn't for the Sedins, Dan Hamhuis and the goalies, this would have been over in four straight.  On top of that, those bastards in Boston are probably going to knock out Washington now too!  Geez!  Cheers!   

Yes, unfortunately my beloved Canucks are out!  I think Lou needs a fresh start,

I agree. It will be very interesting to see what happens in off season re goalie situation.

Luongo can still take a team deep into the playoffs.  If I was him, I wouldn't want to play in Vancouver going forward with all he has had to take but who knows how hard it will be to trade him. $5.3M salary cap isn't bad for a top tier goalie but its the duration. I would speculate Roberto will retire in a few years as Im pretty sure he has had a good chunk $ paid up front and his salary goes to, what?, $2M not too far down the road? If that is the case, I believe if the player signs the retirement sheet that cap hit is gone.

BTW, I still think Caps will take it.

My observations:

1) Watching the regular season of North American professional sporting leagues is a waste of time. The English Premier League, La Liga, etc do it best by awarding the championship to the team that finishes the regular season in 1st place.

2) Sometimes living in Canada sucks from a sports perspective. The radio and tv stations talk non-stop about hockey and all other sports are given sparse mentions.

Hopefully this will change with the shift in demographics and we'll see a lot more coverage of soccer, baseball, and basketball.

Sometimes living in Canada sucks from a sports perspective. The radio and tv stations talk non-stop about hockey and all other sports are given sparse mentions.

Hopefully this will change with the shift in demographics and we'll see a lot more coverage of soccer, baseball, and basketball.

Unfortunately the interest in baseball in Canada has been in a severe decline since Joe Carter hit the big home run.  Also the Expos leaving Montreal hasn't helped either.  Thank you Bud Selig. 

I agree with the non-stop radio and TV talk about hockey.  The fan 590 still talks Leafs hockey day in day out.  It drives me crazy. 

The Jays have an exciting team, which may not finish as high as some of the prognosticators say they will, but they'll be really exciting to watch none the less. Yet The Fan still talks Leaf hockey, all the time.

And for the life of me I just can't watch the Raptors.  I never could.  Shitty name, shitty colours and a revolving door of annoying players.  Mind you, I'm a Laker fan, so I know all about the most annoying player out there.  Annoying enough to have run Shaq right out of town.  ;)

The talk on The Fan today was the prospect of Luongo coming to Toronto.  It would never happen, but the all Leafs network has to speculate about it anyway.

Oh yea, for sure.

I mean some of these goalies that are playing great came out of no where in the last few seasons  or in the case of Holtby, he's only played 7 regular season games this year!!!

Speaking of goalies playing great, my beloved Blackhawks got Smithed out of the playoffs. Give him props, he saved his best for last as he was unreal tonight.

-Crip

Oh yea, for sure.

Speaking of goalies playing great, my beloved Blackhawks got Smithed out of the playoffs. Give him props, he saved his best for last as he was unreal tonight.

-Crip

haha.. you know, watching the game last night I said to myself "y'know, I forgot to mention Smith in that list!"

This has been his best year by far. See if it can continue.

BTW, I changed the title of this thread just so we can continue here with the Playoff shenanigans..