Fairfax Financial Shareholder's Dinner!

Parsad

Hi Folks,

So we'll be seeing many of you next Wednesday evening!  I have a couple of requests for the dinner:

- Anyone or their companies interested in donating any sort of prize for the silent auction.  We want to have 6-7 items for the silent auction.  We've got one from the Fairmont Royal York, and a couple of items from Fairfax.  Alnesh's accounting firm will probably donate a prize as well.  Anything will do...a nice bottle of wine, a gift basket, value investing item (old Berkshire autographed annual report or something).  We'll have the logo of the donor on the table in front of the item.

- Uccmal has already volunteered, so you are going to see him all over the place on Wednesday, but can I get a couple more volunteers.  I want to rotate the volunteers, so that you all get to enjoy most of the evening.  I need help with somebody briefly manning the silent auction table, the nametag table and taking photographs with Alnesh's camera...Alan, you up for it again?

Details for the dinner are below, in case you don't remember.  We have about 126 people for dinner, and 11 people who are attending with no dinner...all together we have 137 people, and still counting until tomorrow morning.  We had 89 people last year!  So thanks so much for your support! 

Everyone please bring lots of cash, as the grand prize is a copy of "The 25 Years of Fairfax" autographed by Prem.  There are none left, and the exact same item was donated to Mohnish Pabrai last year, who auctioned it online for $730.  While the other items are silent auction, this will be raffle so everyone has the same chance.  I'm betting Mohnish that we raise more money through the raffle than the online auction! 

Fairfax Financial Shareholder's Dinner

April 25th, 2012

The Imperial Room

Fairmont Royal York

100 Front Street West

Toronto, Ontario

(416)368-2511

All proceeds, including any profits from tickets sales, corporate sponsorships, raffles, auctions and donations, go to

"The Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of Canada"  in memory of JoAnn Butler, who was Prem Watsa's assistant for many years!

Reception:  6:00-6:45pm

Speaker:    6:45-7:00pm      Dr. Kevin Glasgow, CEO of "The Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of Canada"

Dinner:      7:00pm-8:30pm

Speaker:    8:30pm-8:45pm  Dr. George Athanassakos, Chair of the Ben Graham School For Value Investing, Ivey

Guests:      Approximately 8:45pm on

Buffet Menu

Bakery Fresh Assorted Rolls & Butter, Grissini Bread Sticks

Italian Farm House Minestrone with Basil Pesto and Parmesan Cheese

Baby Ruccola Leaves, Vine Ripe Tomatoes, Bocconcini and Pesto Vinaigrette

Caesar Salad with Sundried Tomatoes, Foccacio Croutons and Grana Padano

Grilled Zucchini, Red Green & Yellow Bell Peppers, Eggplant, Antipasto Platter with Olives

Genovese Basil Rosemary Roasted Chicken with Fennel, Peppers and San Marzano Tomato Sauce

Herb Marinated Red Snapper, Pickled Mushroom, Blood Orange and Truffle Emulsion Lemon and Thyme Roasted New Potatoes

Wild Mushroom Tortellini tossed with Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Calamata Olives, Sundried Tomatoes and Grilled Artichokes

Chocolate, Riccota and Vanilla Cannolis, Tiramisu Coffee Cups, Chocolate Espresso Drizzle

Fresh Cantaloupe with Blueberries

Fresh Brewed 100% Columbian Rainforest Alliance Coffee, Decaffeinated Coffee

Fairmont Blended Black, Green and Herbal Teas

Cheers!

Thanks Guys!  I'll be in front or inside the "Imperial Room" from just before 5pm on.  Just come by whenever you can. 

Norm, I know you probably won't get there until 6-6:30pm with the pre-dinner event, so could you do me the favor of being our journalistic scribe for the night?  ;D  Any notes you can take of the speakers, and especially the guests from Fairfax, would be enormously appreciated by everyone on here.

Cheers!

Norm, I know you probably won't get there until 6-6:30pm with the pre-dinner event, so could you do me the favor of being our journalistic scribe for the night?  ;D  Any notes you can take of the speakers, and especially the guests from Fairfax, would be enormously appreciated by everyone on here.

I'm kicking them all out of the pre-dinner at 5.45  8)

I'd be happy to scribble things down.  But I'm not going to get never mind in trouble should we get him talking  ;D

FFH Pre-Dinner & Survival Guide

i never been to this thing before. Whats the dress code?

No real dress code.  Some people come in suits and some people come in jeans and a t-shirt.  I think you'd probably be most comfortable in business casual...especially with our new, more posh, environment!  ;D  Truth is, Fairfax wanted the event to remain pretty casual, true to its roots, and not too formal.  Cheers!

Buffet Menu

Bakery Fresh Assorted Rolls & Butter, Grissini Bread Sticks

Italian Farm House Minestrone with Basil Pesto and Parmesan Cheese

[...]

Cheers!

Shouldn't that be a "Buffett" menu?  ;)

I posted the menu, because everyone was always asking me "Watsa" on the "Buffett" menu?  ;D  Oh, that was just too much, huh?  Cheers!

This may be a little to late, but I am attending the Ivey conference with another past student of George Athanassakos and would love to attend the meeting.

I know that I blew the sale date of the tickets and I am not a FFH shareholder but I thought I would ask.

Take care.

This may be a little to late, but I am attending the Ivey conference with another past student of George Athanassakos and would love to attend the meeting.

I know that I blew the sale date of the tickets and I am not a FFH shareholder but I thought I would ask.

Take care.

Hi 14Value,

Please contact me directly at cornermarketcapital@gmail.com.  We have no dinner tickets left, but we have presentation tickets available at $50 + tax.  Cheers!