Books/case studies/resources on turnarounds

infinitee00

I am looking to get a more thorough knowledge on turnarounds. Mostly case studies and books which deal exclusively with turnarounds from an investor's perspective and not a manager's perspective ( although I agree there may be a good amount of overlap between the two). I am looking for studies/ideas on what has worked historically and what hasn't and why. I understand that the definition of turnarounds and opinions about the degree to which a particular strategy has been successful may vary, but I am mostly searching for insights which will help me in understanding turnaround situations better and more thoroughly. There are quite a few books on Amazon related to turnarounds but wasn't sure which to pick. Does anyone have any advice or suggestions on books/resources I can study?

One Up On Wall Street : How To Use What You Already Know To Make Money In The Market

by Peter Lynch

Super Stocks  (competing for worst title ever)

Kenneth Fisher

Corporate Turnaround: How Managers Turn Losers Into Winners!

Donald B. Bibeault

Who Says Elephants Can't Dance?: Leading a Great Enterprise through Dramatic Change

by Louis V. Gerstner

The Profit Zone: How Strategic Business Design Will Lead You to to Tomorrow's Profits (good case studies: GE, Disney, Coke, SMH)

by Adrian J. Slywotzky, David J. Morrison and Bob Andelman

Profit from the Core: A Return to Growth in Turbulent Times

by Chris Zook

Beyond the Core: Expand Your Market Without Abandoning Your Roots

by Chris Zook

I am more interested in investing in turnarounds than actually implementing one.

It is important to understand how a turnaround expert thinks about turnarounds:

1. to detect the few ones that can survive to live for better times.

2. to detect a good implementation in early stages, and be prepared for signs that it could be turning south (and get out).

Thanks Planmaestro for the recommendations. I will take a look at them.

I read One Up on Wall street a few years back and had mixed feelings about the book. Maybe I need to go back and take a look. I have also recently started studying Corporate Turnaround: How Managers Turn Losers Into Winners! and find it quite instructive. Generally most books I have come across talk about successful turnarounds (survivorship bias, maybe) so I am mostly searching for books/case studies that are more evenhanded in their approach - deals not only with successful turnarounds but turnarounds that failed and the reasons for their failure. I believe there may be some case studies in the Strategic Management Review journal but unfortunately I haven't been able to get access to those papers, yet.