Where are people in this forum from?

beerbaron

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait... I want in with the "cool kids crew/world travelers"

Bujumbura, Burundi ----> Dallas, TX ----> Phoenix, AZ ----> About to relocate to London, Ontario for Business school

(Currently sitting in Amsterdam and beer really does taste better on the old continent)

I would still have trouble buying a 1950s ranch home in Los Altos Hills.  They pretty much run for $2m+, and often get torn down to build tasteless mansions.

Sounds like Burlington/Oakville Lakeshore haha..

I am just south there BTW.... and no, I can't afford the properties I described :-[.

But seriously, I couldnt believe the property values last time I was in Norther Calif/San Fran.

Bujumbura, Burundi ----> Dallas, TX ----> Phoenix, AZ ----> About to relocate to London, Ontario for Business school

(Currently sitting in Amsterdam and beer really does taste better on the old continent)

I relocated from California to London, ON for b-school. Good luck at Ivey!

Bulawayo, Zimbabwe -> London, UK -> Calgary, AB -> Toronto, ON.

The Zulu name for Bulawayo is GuBulawayo or "the Place of Killing". The local tribe is Matabele, essentially one of Dingaans old regiments, with a kraal just south of the Matopos. Same place that CJ Rhodes was buried.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dingane_kaSenzangakhonaregiments.

Sport in this part of Africa has a different take. It's all who are we going to kill, who are we going to eat, etc. with much smashing down of heavy clubs maybe two centimeters from your head. Then when the game is done - you pass the beer around  :D

Guest Hester

An observation: The Canadians on this board seem far more eager and proud to display their national flag since that feature has been added than the Americans.

Pretty much anything tastes better when you're in Amsterdam.

I signed a lease on a house in Montecito yesterday.  No more winter for me!

Very nice!  The weather has been awful in Vancouver in the New Year, and I'm sure Seattle wasn't any better.  Although, I'm one of those guys who will never get used to a warm, dry, very green Christmas, so no plans for me to ever move to somewhere warm!  ;D  Cheers!

Moved from San Antonio to San Francisco last month.  If anyone wants to meet, seem like a handful of people are in the bay area.

Palo alto, ca.

+1 on local meet up

I can organize everyone's emails in the Bay Area and we can coordinate a meet-up. If you want to join, private message me your email.