Where are people in this forum from?

beerbaron

Brooklyn, NY

Is this going to count as me only answering "political" threads, now that Parsad and rkbabang have brought it into that realm?

Just kidding.

Thanks for the site, Parsad. The internet is a powerful tool, with people from all over the world exchanging ideas, freely, and without directive from a central authority!

Cheers, and enjoy Brooklyn Lager!

And since my Islanders aren't making the playoffs, let's hope the Sharks hold on to a playoff spot! (lived in CA for a while, enjoyed the Shark Tank)

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Almaty, Kazakhstan -> Florida -> Seattle -> Edmonton, Alberta. Next stop, who knows?

This guy wins for most complex background. Stay warm in Edmonton, its damn cold there, my rule is any place where you have to plug in a car is too cold...

This guy wins for most complex background. Stay warm in Edmonton, its damn cold there, my rule is any place where you have to plug in a car is too cold...

Haha, yeah it can get pretty uncomfortable. This winter was surprisingly warm though.

Almaty, Kazakhstan -> Florida -> Seattle -> Edmonton, Alberta. Next stop, who knows?

Wow!!!

Me:-

South India -> DC Area -> Kuwait -> South India.

Life has come a full circle  :D

Yeah, and my wife is Gujarati by the way. :)

Stay warm in Edmonton, its damn cold there, my rule is any place where you have to plug in a car is too cold...

I spent the summer of '07 doing a renovation in Edmonton.  Most of North America had a really early summer that year but in Edmonton they called the weather in June a "heat wave".  The girls who worked at the store we renovated all complained how hot it was and they didn't know if they could take it.  It was 22 C (about 75 F). 

At home in Southern Ontario a record was set for most days in the 30's C (about 92 F) for the month of June.  :D

It's all relative I guess.  I'm sure if I went to Phoenix in August and complained when the temperature reached 30/92, the locals would laugh.

It's really cool to see how diverse of a group we have here.  I had assumed most if not all were from N.A. (although I do remember tombgrt saying he was from Europe).  But if I've remembered correctly, I think this forum reaches 6 continents. 

4 People in the Portland (OR) area???  Wow... small world.  I may have to organize a beer / coffee outing.

I'm surprised that in about 11 years of running this forum, we've never asked this question!   

I had a pretty good idea how many people were represented from different regions, but actually seeing the different cities and then sometimes even putting it to a nickname was pretty illuminating.  Also very humbling that so many people participate and enjoy this forum. 

Sanjeev, you are slipping after all those beers... ;-) we did have a "where you are from thread" back on the old MSN board.  It was cool, it linked to a Google map so you could see everyone's location.  Probably about 7 years ago... I don't think I was on the board long before it came up.  Wish MSN didn't have to kill that old board... some great stuff there.

Ben - Currently in Tel Aviv... looking forward to Portland again.

It's all relative I guess.

I think this forum reaches 6 continents.

Very true on both accounts. Its all relative, and this is a broad reaching forum. I hope it stays that way.

I hope so too, but we need someone to volunteer to move to one of the research stations in Antarctica.  Then we would hit all 7.  8)

Wow!!!

Me:-

South India -> DC Area -> Kuwait -> South India.

Life has come a full circle  :D

It's interesting to see how much people have moved around the planet.  My background is damn right boring in comparison.

Massachusetts -> New Hampshire

I've never lived more than 100 miles from the hospital where I was born.  I was born and grew up in south eastern MA, I moved to Worcester in central MA for college, then moved back to south eastern MA after college and remained there for 16 years.  I finally moved to southern New Hampshire this past November.  A lot of you seem to move back and forth all over the place.

I'm actually surprised at the low amount of NY,NY responses.  I figured most people would be from money centers, Toronto, New York, London.  The responses are actually that most people aren't from those places which is really refreshing to see.

I worked in NYC for 25 years and I can tell you that, with very few exceptions, a long-term investment horizon in the city is about three months.