Benmosche vs Moynihan

CONeal
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm sure most of us have our own preference. Given what these CEO's have done with their respective companies over the last 6 month and looking out through the end of the year.  Who would you vote for.

Thought this would be a little fun and give us insight how people view these two.

Both are great.

I have a soft spot for Mr. Benmosche, though.  The guy is just what I expect the consummate CEO to act like.

Benmosche is showing capital allocation and negotiation skills that Moynihan still has to show. Both are great.

Well, Moynihan will have his chance.  For now, I'm happy for him to build up to a fortress balance sheet.  I just wish he were a bit more charismatic -- more Dimon-like.  But that's a very small criticism.

Both are great.

I have a soft spot for Mr. Benmosche, though.  The guy is just what I expect the consummate CEO to act like.

Benmosche is showing capital allocation and negotiation skills that Moynihan still has to show. Both are great.

Well, Moynihan will have his chance.  For now, I'm happy for him to build up to a fortress balance sheet.  I just wish he were a bit more charismatic -- more Dimon-like.  But that's a very small criticism.

Charisma is overrated in banking. Moynihan is setting a tone that the culture shifts are permanent, unlike another big bank CEO who talks about culture change, and then announces a system-wide ROA target.

Shareholders are lucky to have both, but Benmosche is overseeing a massive turnaround while battling cancer! Amazing guy.

I think it was that lack of charisma that caused so many to miss the boat on BAC.  They were all on the Pandit Love Boat!  ;D  Cheers!

I think it was that lack of charisma that caused so many to miss the boat on BAC.  They were all on the Pandit Love Boat!  ;D  Cheers!

Yeah, could be. 

Although I don't find Pandit particularly charismatic.

Relative to other large bank CEO's, and the amount of work that he had to do to turnaround BAC, it's a damn bargain!  Plus his compensation is restricted to certain hurdles being met.  Cheers!

I know...

I also voted for him in this thread.

I don't see how he could be allowed to buy BAC stock.  Isn't there significant insider hurdles here what with the lawsuits and all?  For example, he knows the size of the legal reserve whereas the rest of us don't.

It hasn't stopped Donald Powell from buying on the open market. He's on the board.

http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/70858/000122520812006238/xslF345X03/doc4.xml

I don't see how he could be allowed to buy BAC stock.  Isn't there significant insider hurdles here what with the lawsuits and all?  For example, he knows the size of the legal reserve whereas the rest of us don't.

It hasn't stopped Donald Powell from buying on the open market. He's on the board.

http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/70858/000122520812006238/xslF345X03/doc4.xml

And I think Moynihan bought before the dividend debacle at around $13 per share.

10,000 shares is trivial.  Martha Stewart league.

Moynihan said last year it was an insider information issue.

I think it was more like 30,000, and when he was an officer he bought a couple of times below $6 per share. It also shows that he is

not  that constrained.

www.insidercow.com

http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/70858/000122520810019732/xslF345X01/primary_doc.xml

appears to have ~450000 shares. I'd like to see him have more of his skin in the game.

450,000 shares is like $4.5 million which is a lot less than his salary.

I would feel better if there was some strategic or regulatory reason why he was not buying. It never occurred to me that this would be the case.

I t scares me a bit that he might know how much is in the legal reserve but he is not wiling to risk some of his money especially how cheap the stock was.

On the bright side of things I think Bernie Ebbers had in excess of 100% of his net worth in WCOM -- he had to hide the reality of things to support the stock in order to avoid getting a margin call.

Sometimes having too much ownership is very bad!