Jan 2012 leaps

FlyingArrow

Does anyone know when we typically start to see the next subsequent years leaps become available? I realize they come available as soon as someone decides to sell some but there must be something programatic about it. I doubt it's the little guy that initiates.

In any event I can't recall when the 11's became available but am starting to wonder now as I'd like a little more time in my future leap purchases.

Thx

Last year I was looking for Jan 2011 leaps for several different stocks and nothing came out until late in the fall at all - kind of grateful - it saved me alot of losses in the meltdown

The poster fomerly known as uccmal

Arrow,

I did some checking and learned a lot about option cycles... :)

Options Clearing Corp has a 800# and a website and a sister site  optioneducation.org with lots of information. Check the FAQs

FFH leaps are in the "cycle 1" group. Cycle 1 leaps come out in mid September (~15) . Cycle 2 companies in mid Oct and Cycle 3 in mid Nov.

Hope this helps..

Arrow,

I did some checking and learned a lot about option cycles... :)

Options Clearing Corp has a 800# and a website and a sister site  optioneducation.org with lots of information. Check the FAQs

FFH leaps are in the "cycle 1" group. Cycle 1 leaps come out in mid September (~15) . Cycle 2 companies in mid Oct and Cycle 3 in mid Nov.

Hope this helps..

Thanks Eric, that's excellent. It also corresponds to a typical low point for FFH as it is in the hurricane season. Might be some good opportunities.

I was checking my log book.  There were no FFH 2011 Leaps available until late last year, possibly early this year (2009).  I was still buying 2010 Leaps in November.

The Jan 2009 Leaps began selling in June or July 2006 (forget which).

From year to year it hasn't been consistent.