What do you guys think of this?

Guest valueInv

This idea is amazing. The whole premise is to build customer loyalty though direct ownership of the company. The website is tied in with facebook and twitter. I can imagine status updates: Jane Doe just became an Apple Owner! (click hear to become an owner in your favorite company for as little as $10) The plan is soley to build customer loyalty and doesn't talk about wealth enhancement at all.

I don't think selling stock aimed at new and most likey uneducated buyers is ethical. The sight should offer more educational resources.

It looks like someone is going to make some money off this.

Guest valueInv

Thats a little different - its basically dollar cost averaging with no transaction fees. This is purchasing small amounts of stock using a credit card. At such small amounts, you really don't have much benefit in investing. Further, if you do use a credit card, you could be paying high interest rates on your purchase.

Guest valueInv

New startup allowing people to buy stocks in very low increments directly from companies:

Firms already do this via DRPs/SPPs ...

Whats a DRP/SSP?

New startup allowing people to buy stocks in very low increments directly from companies:

Firms already do this via DRPs/SPPs ...

Whats a DRP/SPP?

Sorry,  dividend reinvestment plans and share purchase plans.  Many brokers offer DRPs and some companies do too.  Share purchase plans are a little less common but allow investors to buy shares (often in fractions to 4 decimal places) from the company every quarter/month.  Usually without a fee.

The Canadian Shareowner does something similar but with some small fees.

There's a fairly big group of investors who love DRPs/SPPs out there

Guest Hester

The site doesn't even clearly indicate which companies if any have signed up. Buy stocks directly with a credit card! And the federal reserve thought credit default swaps were a bad idea!!!

So you're saying that buying stocks with a credit card through a facebook app ISN'T a prudent financial decision?

I'm going to have to rethink my investment strategy.