Citigroup Plan to Return Capital Fails Stress Test

Parsad

Well C probably would pass if Pandit only took 3 million instead of 53 million, considering his "awards" come out of tier one.

Or someone wanted to send a signal for his arrogance ... well deserved.

Now, Dimon decided to jump start the Fed announcing the dividend increase. Is someone going to send him a signal too? JPM and WFC numbers were not much better than the rest.

Well C probably would pass if Pandit only took 3 million instead of 53 million, considering his "awards" come out of tier one.

Or someone wanted to send a signal for his arrogance ... well deserved.

Now, Dimon decided to jump start the Fed announcing the dividend increase. Is someone going to send him a signal too? JPM and WFC numbers were not much better than the rest.

Unless I'm reading this wrong (and I haven't looked at the report in detail yet), of all the real commercial banks (not including AXP, COF, BK, etc.), WFC's numbers are actually at the top . . . after USB, FITB, and BBT, and tied with PNC.  Only with proposed capital actions (i.e., buybacks and dividends) do the stressed ratios become comparable to the other guys. 

Unless I'm reading this wrong (and I haven't looked at the report in detail yet), of all the real commercial banks (not including AXP, COF, BK, etc.), WFC's numbers are actually at the top . . . after USB, FITB, and BBT, and tied with PNC.  Only with proposed capital actions (i.e., buybacks and dividends) do the stressed ratios become comparable to the other guys.

You are referring to the capital ratios txlaw? That is a good point, I was looking more at the loan loss rates. The assumptions for capital numbers seem to be underestimating the PTPP potential of some institutions relative to JPM and WFC.

You are referring to the capital ratios txlaw? That is a good point, I was looking more at the loan loss rates. The assumptions for capital numbers seem to be underestimating the PTPP potential of some institutions relative to JPM and WFC.

Yeah, I was referring to the capital ratios assuming no capital actions going forward and then assuming capital actions.

Haven't looked at PTPP or loss ratios yet.