RIP Walter Schloss

Kraven

I had the pleasure of meeting Walter; even though he didn't know me from Adam, he put up with me speaking to him for nearly an hour. All that time he was incredible warm, patient and humble, and despite his years, was still very lucid. A real gentleman, and a huge loss for all.

Wow, how did you end up meeting him?

I had the pleasure of meeting Walter; even though he didn't know me from Adam, he put up with me speaking to him for nearly an hour. All that time he was incredible warm, patient and humble, and despite his years, was still very lucid. A real gentleman, and a huge loss for all.

Wow, how did you end up meeting him?

I wrote him a letter, he replied! Amazing to think what a little flattery can do.

Guest ValueCarl

Another great "Walter" has died today. I remember him helping me sniff around DOW CHEMICAL some years back. Although waiting until $8.00 pps was the best course of action which I applied during the wake of the crisis, compared to the high teens when I recall him writing about, I will not forget the prudence learned from reading the thinking processes behind this revered VALUE INVESTOR!  :(

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=DOW&t=5y&l=on&z=l&q=l&c= 

Another great "Walter" has died today. I remember him helping me sniff around DOW CHEMICAL some years back. Although waiting until $8.00 pps was the best course of action which I applied during the wake of the crisis, compared to the high teens when I recall him writing about, I will not forget the prudence learned from reading the thinkingDD processes behind this revered VALUE INVESTOR!  :(

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=DOW&t=5y&l=on&z=l&q=l&c=

ValueCarl,

Your figures for Dow Chemical don't lie and the spirit of a great value investor never dies.

Walter will be alive forever in light of his principles used to find value.

Guest ValueCarl

Ben Graham, you bring joy to my heart with your kind words honoring this once great beacon of value investing, Walter Schloss; knowing together as ONE that there is always LIGHT in TRUTH. The journey and task for each of us is to find VALUE by seeking TRUTH so LIGHT does ultimately SHINE on our investments. 

I've seen multiple mentions of the interview he did for OID in 1989.  Does anyone know if it's available anywhere?

I've seen all the compilation websites that list Walter Schloss writings, interviews etc, but have not found the OID interview.

It was good.  I've a paper copy but no scanner.  I expect that someone else will provide  :D

I've seen multiple mentions of the interview he did for OID in 1989.  Does anyone know if it's available anywhere?

I've seen all the compilation websites that list Walter Schloss writings, interviews etc, but have not found the OID interview.

When one subscribe to OID, the interviews are included in the free back issues in a spellbinder.

It was good.  I've a paper copy but no scanner.  I expect that someone else will provide  :D

I would love to see it too if someone could post it.  I had looked everywhere for it and never was able to find more than an excerpt.