Buffett's Big Bet

RickMayhew

• 2 weeks later...

Received this info from Carol Loomis:

You are right that shareholders were not given an update on the Protégé bet. That’s because Protégé does not yet have audited figures from the five fund-of-funds involved in the bet, and Warren is not willing to announce results without having audited figures. My guess is that this will mean that if anything is ever to be released at the Berkshire annual meeting, the data will be a year old, because I doubt that Protégé will ever have audited figures by May. Perhaps it will happen that some announcement is made at a time different from the annual meeting—at a time, that is, when Protégé does have audited figures.

Rick Mayhew/St. Louis

• 4 years later...
Guest longinvestor

Received this info from Carol Loomis:

You are right that shareholders were not given an update on the Protégé bet. That’s because Protégé does not yet have audited figures from the five fund-of-funds involved in the bet, and Warren is not willing to announce results without having audited figures. My guess is that this will mean that if anything is ever to be released at the Berkshire annual meeting, the data will be a year old, because I doubt that Protégé will ever have audited figures by May. Perhaps it will happen that some announcement is made at a time different from the annual meeting—at a time, that is, when Protégé does have audited figures.

Rick Mayhew/St. Louis

Can I audit it? Can I audit it? Will have it tomorrow, so that the results can not only be released at the annual meeting, but maybe WEB should include in the AR as well. It will be in writing and millions of people will read that! "Hedge funds stealing from the Gotrocks". It's funny that WSJ or other Financial press does not put this in the front pages of their publication. Nah, that's not happening.