Falcones Harbinger likely Toast, LightSquared network rejected

Josh4580

From what I've read, the loan is $160 million and the $30 million went for fees. So the effective rate was 24%. There is a bunch of collateral backing it, too, for what that's worth.

So much for that grand plan of "Network Vision" by geniuses at Sprint now.

Like I said before, I sure hope they have a good Plan B in place...  Also, can someone powerful call for the head of Dan "the Hustle" Hesse?  His days at Sprint are numbered!

From what I've read, the loan is $160 million and the $30 million went for fees. So the effective rate was 24%. There is a bunch of collateral backing it, too, for what that's worth.

brker_guy,

My yellow brker hat goes off to you with your call for the headless horseman, to deliver on a silver platter, a Hesse head.

stahleyp,

Do I detect robber barons using questionable practices?

Hubris is too kind of a word to describe LS2. It's more like a combination of cockiness and stupidity that I like to describe of their plan. Everything I have read about their system architecture poses not only national security risk but also puts million of human lives will be at stake. Just imagine that you fly somewhere over North America and your high precision landing instrumentation that is based on GPS is interfered with by LS2 system. The probability of that event happening is very very high!

Ben Graham, if you read the Sprint earnings transcript from last week, you would see hints that Sprint saw this coming bc at the end, they were highlighting what CLWR is doing with their LTE phones launch. That idiot Hesse wasted so much time and opportunity by thinking short-term, not long-term. Typical myopic CEO!!!

It won't be long before S would have to sell their wireline business to someone like LVLT to raise CA$H.

Probably also means that he's going to default on the $150M loan Jefferies just gave him at 15%!  Cheers!

$190 million :(

Personally, I feel bad for Falcone he is the type of manager I like to see succeed...

-this is the problem when you re too concentrated, no?  Didn t he have most of his assets in lightsquared?

On a much much smaller scale I went all in with pretty much all my networth when I was younger-It worked out well as I was personally directly involved ie not a purchase of a public company-I don t think I would do it again. I certainly would have a hard time doing it with other people's money.

Guest ValueCarl

Brker_guy, our board expert on satellite transmitting would be best to answer this GPS blame game, but there is some very positive news to be gleaned from the current dealings. It is true that the advancement of this network venture was politically motivated at the highest level inclusive of POTUS; however, what we are witnessing is that the entire political regime is deferring to the experts in protecting life and property by doing the right thing in declining L2's requests.

As a matter of fact, this entire democratic political machine at least as respects the management of communication systems once ruled by monopolies lacking innovation or the will to catapult the United States into the 21st Century INTERNET VIDEO WORLD, is currently doing such a fine job on most fronts that, they have turned me into a DUMMYCRAT!  :o

Telecom Maven, Robert Powell, has an excellent poll to ponder regarding this here:

http://www.telecomramblings.com/2012/02/poll-who-is-to-blame-for-the-lightsquared-debacle/     

Brker_guy, our board expert on satellite transmitting would be best to answer this GPS blame game, but there is some very positive news to be gleaned from the current dealings. It is true that the advancement of this network venture was politically motivated at the highest level inclusive of POTUS; however, what we are witnessing is that the entire political regime is deferring to the experts in protecting life and property by doing the right thing in declining L2's requests.

I think this is one of your most readable/coherent paragraphs.  I encourage more of them!

I think this is one of your most readable/coherent paragraphs.  I encourage more of them!

To expand on racemize's comment,

I agree, that when ValueCarl fine tunes his writing skills to address a larger globe market, his message gets delivered to more ears with quality. ValueCarl, I'm  merely encouraging you to show off your best talent and leave behind the hidden asset (code - like talking in code that only a few people understand). I think your listening audience would grow exponentially, if you provide them with Quality of Service - QoS.

You have such a great ability to express your point of view in a very learning and enlightening way, but sometimes the message gets caught in a trap (Value) with words outsiders can't interpret. So Carl please think along the line of delivery, and take

racemize's advise. ok

You have reach and scope, now tip the scale in your favor and apply some scale to your written messages.