Linsanity!

Parsad

You poor Knicks fans finally have something to cheer about.  Just watched the Knicks/Raptors game, and the kid is good.  Just needs to mature a bit, pick up his defense (along with the whole Knicks team, except Chandler) and be careful with the ball a little more.  But you guys are going to have a team that will challenge for the championship for a while if they can keep them all together.  Cheers! 

He's awesome. I'm a lifelong Knicks fan and feel like its been over a decade since they've given me something to be excited about.

He needs to cut down on turnovers, but he reminds me of Rondo, but with a wider shooting range.

I was a big Phoenix Suns fan when Nash and Stoudemaire were there together with Shawn Marion.  I think you guys have the making of the same exciting team because the same coach is now with the Knicks...D'Antoni.  As long as everyone works together, it will be fun to watch the Knicks and they will be good.  I'm going to be catching more Knicks games from now on!  ;D  Cheers!

Sorry to burst your bubble but this Knicks team is not going anywhere. The team is not put together too well. Once Lin's game begins to taper off we'll probably see the ball-hogging ways of Carmelo Anthony and Amare Stoudamire continue unabated. Defence wins championships. D'Antoni has never proven himself as a successful playoff coach.  Lin had 8 turnovers tonight against a substandard Raptors team. Remember defence wins championships. And there's no way the Knicks even compare to the Heat, Mavericks, and Thunder. Salary cap issues will hamper the Knicks. Don't be surprised to see Dallas pickup Deron Williams AND Dwight Howard in the off-season. They've made the right moves to clear up salary cap space and still haven't used their amnesty yet on releasing someone.

I'm glad the Raptors lost. The upcoming draft is a strong one and if everything turns out well the Raptors could pick amongst a very talented crop including Anthony Davis, Andre Drummond, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, or Harrison Barnes.  The Raptors future looks brighter than the Knicks. Once you get a healthy Bargnani back, Jonas V arrives next year, the draft pick of 2012, and a continued defensive mindset employed by Dwayne Casey and things are looking on the up and up.

It's a feel good story in an otherwise lacklustre NBA season. I still predict a Thunder-Heat finals with Lebron winning his first championship.

;)

Sorry to burst your bubble but this Knicks team is not going anywhere. The team is not put together too well. Once Lin's game begins to taper off we'll probably see the ball-hogging ways of Carmelo Anthony and Amare Stoudamire continue unabated. Defence wins championships. D'Antoni has never proven himself as a successful playoff coach.  Lin had 8 turnovers tonight against a substandard Raptors team. Remember defence wins championships. And there's no way the Knicks even compare to the Heat, Mavericks, and Thunder. Salary cap issues will hamper the Knicks. Don't be surprised to see Dallas pickup Deron Williams AND Dwight Howard in the off-season. They've made the right moves to clear up salary cap space and still haven't used their amnesty yet on releasing someone.

I'm glad the Raptors lost. The upcoming draft is a strong one and if everything turns out well the Raptors could pick amongst a very talented crop including Anthony Davis, Andre Drummond, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, or Harrison Barnes.  The Raptors future looks brighter than the Knicks. Once you get a healthy Bargnani back, Jonas V arrives next year, the draft pick of 2012, and a continued defensive mindset employed by Dwayne Casey and things are looking on the up and up.

It's a feel good story in an otherwise lacklustre NBA season. I still predict a Thunder-Heat finals with Lebron winning his first championship.

;)

They should trade Carmelo and Amare for Dwight Howard.  I think you're being too tough on Lin though.  This is the first five real games he's played, and he's going to have turnovers until he starts to become a little more aware of the defense around him.  He was on the floor longer than anyone else tonight, and it's probably a little too much too soon for a guy who never started. 

I think he's going to be fun for the game, and he seems like a nice kid.  Can anyone argue with his numbers so far...he's got numbers that haven't been seen since the merger!  That's a lot of good players who didn't manage the same thing.  The more he plays, the better he'll be and the less turnovers he'll have, because he'll start to play to his strengths even more.  He'll make better decisions and he'll mature.  But what a great story!  Cheers!

His aunt goes to the same church as we do here in Hsinchu.

Plenty of my co-workers are rooting for him once they found out that he is playing in NBA.

I guess the question on the value board should be "is there something similar to the moneyball situation that there is some hidden value that no one noticed?"

I thought it was just the Taiwanese news going crazy but he must be pretty good if he even finds his way to a value message board.

Lin is from Taiwan. There is no play on MSG but possiply stinky toufu.

加油!

He is from Palo Alto, CA.

Lin has been criticized for turning the ball over, but his turnovers are actually in line with the better point guards in the league. 

Rather than looking at turnovers per game, I think it's more useful to look at how many turnovers a player has per player possession. t  Point guards have far more possessions per game than other players, which creates more opportunity for turnovers.  Lin is also playing a lot of minutes right now (that's probably unsustainable).  Currently, Lin turns the ball over on 14% of his possessions which is in line with Nash, Wall, Rondo and Rubio.  It's always better to turn the ball over less, but focusing on reducing that statistic could lead to less aggressive play. 

If I may echo the sentiments of most on this thread, I was actually LISTENING to the game on the RADIO! I have not done that since 1994, or so! WOW! What a story! I like the remark about the "Moneyball" aspect of Lin's game, ESPN radio was mentioning something to that effect this morning.

In regards to turnovers, stay AGGRESSIVE! 

CHEERS!

I bet palo alto is  ;D. He definitely inspires me. Its crazy how he was being passed over by many teams and now is getting his due. He is a value play.

Torontoraptorsfan- You are mad he was able to shoot a 3 pointer in a very cold manner and with .5 seconds left in the game. Lin could revert to the mean but when it will happen. We don't know. All I can say is enjoy the ride.

His aunt goes to the same church as we do here in Hsinchu.

Plenty of my co-workers are rooting for him once they found out that he is playing in NBA.

I guess the question on the value board should be "is there something similar to the moneyball situation that there is some hidden value that no one noticed?"

Most certainly.  This guy was a star in Palo Alto and Harvard, but no one wanted to touch him because he was smaller and Asian.  The same sort of reasoning why you don't see that many black quarterbacks in the NFL.  There is an innate bias for the status quo and anything different doesn't get a look.  Cheers!

Another Knicks win against a powerhouse Sacramento Kings team  ::)

Can't forget this team also has 2 all-stars in Tyson Chandler and Amare Stoudamire.

Like I said beat up on the Raptors all you want. They're finally doing a proper rebuild after years and years catering to the stars they had in the past (Vince Carter and Chris Bosh).

Seems like the Jays are doing it and on the right track. ESPN this week is doing a future power rankings chart. Top 10 teams announced tomorrow and the Jays are one of those teams.

If anyone wants to bet me on the Knicks winning the championship this year I'll take that bet against them. Who knows they might turn out like the Giants this year  ;)

Another Knicks win against a powerhouse Sacramento Kings team  ::)

If anyone wants to bet me on the Knicks winning the championship this year I'll take that bet against them. Who knows they might turn out like the Giants this year  ;)

Never underestimate the power of a clutch player and some team momentum.  How did Eli knock out all the quarterbacks supposedly better than him...Sanchez, Romo, Smith & then the best quarter back of the last decade...Brady!  It was a team effort, but that clutch player gets the momentum rolling.

Instead of shooting, Lin dished out the ball tonight...13 assists and none of them were easy ones.  I think he had like four or five great alley-oops...another two slicing passes between guys...another three after drawing two or three guys to himself.  Sacramento's not a good team, but the Knicks were killing them early on and that comes from the team geling and growing.  Lin's greatest attribute may be that he's just bringing a dysfunctional Knicks team together!  Cheers!