Bill Ackman Starts New Company

jacobwolinsky

this is really old news.

How is this old? The company just started. I have no idea why its in the UK, maybe tax reasons?

If you consider Feb 2011 just starting, then yes it is new. It is most likely UK based because this is Berggruen's baby, not Ackman's. Berggruen has raised 1 maybe 2 UK SPACs already and this is just another iteration.

this is really old news.

How is this old? The company just started. I have no idea why its in the UK, maybe tax reasons?

If you consider Feb 2011 just starting, then yes it is new. It is most likely UK based because this is Berggruen's baby, not Ackman's. Berggruen has raised 1 maybe 2 UK SPACs already and this is just another iteration.

Hi Sdev,

Thank you for clearing that up. I did not think it was new bc I thought it was 11, I asked a friend who is analyst at distressed hf in London and follows Ackman if he could confidentially find out more information. At the conference Ackman talked about the company for maybe 3 minutes. My friend couldnt find any info, neither could I. He thought it was new. Ackman does not even show up as one of the shareholders (as of yesterday at least). You seem to know this company well so if you have any insights please share.

this is really old news.

Hi Sdev,

Thank you for clearing that up. I did not think it was new bc I thought it was 11, I asked a friend who is analyst at distressed hf in London and follows Ackman if he could confidentially find out more information. At the conference Ackman talked about the company for maybe 3 minutes. My friend couldnt find any info, neither could I. He thought it was new. Ackman does not even show up as one of the shareholders (as of yesterday at least). You seem to know this company well so if you have any insights please share.

Hey Jacob,

I just read about it a while ago when I was reading about Berggruen. He has a really interesting story, and if you look up his wikipedia, there are some great profiles on him. They talk about some of the SPACs he's done in the past and one of them most likely mentions the Justice SPAC. All in all, I don't think there's anything particularly special about it, aside from the fact that it may be selling at a discount (I haven't looked at it). I think Berggruen's last SPAC didn't do so hot if my memory serves me correctly, but overall his track record has been amazing.

this is really old news.

Hi Sdev,

Hey Jacob,

I just read about it a while ago when I was reading about Berggruen. He has a really interesting story, and if you look up his wikipedia, there are some great profiles on him. They talk about some of the SPACs he's done in the past and one of them most likely mentions the Justice SPAC. All in all, I don't think there's anything particularly special about it, aside from the fact that it may be selling at a discount (I haven't looked at it). I think Berggruen's last SPAC didn't do so hot if my memory serves me correctly, but overall his track record has been amazing.

Thanks Sid, appreciate the explanation. I am also not interested in this stock, but am curious about the story. Will find some more info about Berggruen. I appreciate the help.