Prem Watsa Brings Hope To Rim's Restless Shareholders

Parsad

I bought a small amount of RIMM yesterday for the first time ever. 

I think that with Mr. Watsa on the board, there is much less risk now that the assets that RIMM has and the cash it generates gets destroyed by management. 

If these guys somehow turnaround the company, there will be very nice upside, but I'm not counting on that.  I'm counting on the downside risk being fairly low.  Probably trades somewhere close to (if not below) runoff/breakup value at this point.

txlaw, I dont know how much FFH you hold?  Anyway, I just worked out my lookthrough holdings in rimm via ffh.  0.6 shares of rimm for each FFH share subject to several roundings.  Thats probably enough for me for now.  I try not to duplicate FFH holdins in my general portfolio, unless it is extraordinarily compelling.  FFH makes up around 40% of my holdings right now.

txlaw, I dont know how much FFH you hold?  Anyway, I just worked out my lookthrough holdings in rimm via ffh.  0.6 shares of rimm for each FFH share subject to several roundings.  Thats probably enough for me for now.  I try not to duplicate FFH holdins in my general portfolio, unless it is extraordinarily compelling.  FFH makes up around 40% of my holdings right now.

I don't own any FFH at the moment. 

RIMM is my smallest position.  Hopefully, it starts going down again to a price substantially below my current cost basis.  Then I may add more.

It is very encouraging to see what is being done at the University of Waterloo, where Prem Watsa is chancellor, in regards to wireless communications. All the innovation at Waterloo will help RIMM build a better device. Mr.Watsa is thinking ahead.

http://search.uwaterloo.ca/?searchterm=wireless+communications&searchtype=google-uwdir-keyword&x=8&y=12

University of Waterloo:  http://uwaterloo.ca/

Did you include the total return swap that FFH owned at ORH?