Interview at Value Fund

robface

I have an interview at a value fund coming up and was wondering if anyone had any questions I should be prepared for.  I imagine fit is the key and showing I'm passionate about value investing.

Some basic questions I can think of are:

- What do you know about our fund?

- Discuss an original investment idea.

- What books have you read recently?

And CBS has a good resource:  www0.gsb.columbia.edu/students/.../cima_interviewquestions.pdf

Any technical questions / brainteasers / others that would be good to be aware of?

Thanks!

I have an interview at a value fund coming up and was wondering if anyone had any questions I should be prepared for.  I imagine fit is the key and showing I'm passionate about value investing.

Some basic questions I can think of are:

- What do you know about our fund?

- Discuss an original investment idea.

- What books have you read recently?

And CBS has a good resource:  www0.gsb.columbia.edu/students/.../cima_interviewquestions.pdf

Any technical questions / brainteasers / others that would be good to be aware of?

Thanks!

Tell me the earliest thing in your life that you enjoyed doing that you did very well. 

Tell me some other things you enjoyed doing at later stages in your life that you did very well.

How do you make money?

How do you determine that a potentialy attractive investment at a particular price may or may not be a value trap?

What do you think about______? ( a company in the news that may be interesting )