Ben Graham Centre's 2012 Value Investing Conference

Parsad

Dr. George Athanassakos, who runs the Ben Graham Centre For Value Investing at the Richard Ivey School, has organized the 2012 Value Investing Conference for April 25, 2012, from noon to 6pm at the Board of Trade in Toronto. 

Speakers include David Winters, Mohnish Pabrai and the CEO's of MegaBrands, Resolute, Sandridge Energy & Kennedy Wilson.  Works out perfectly for those attending our dinner from 6pm on! 

Details are at the link below:

http://www.bengrahaminvesting.ca/Outreach/2012_conference.htm

Program:

http://www.bengrahaminvesting.ca/Outreach/Conference_Program.pdf

Cheers!

Anybody else have Déjà vu when you read the list of presenters?  Looks like Sanj should be upping his BRK/FFH Dinner fee!!

Corporate Executive Session  -  Topic: Looking for and creating shareholder value – Industry perspective

Presenters:

Tom Ward, Chief Executive Officer, SandRidge Energy

Marc Betrand, President & CEO, MEGA Brands Inc.

William McMorrow, Chief Executive Officer, Kennedy Wilson

Richard Garneau, President & CEO, Resolute Forest Products

I went to one of these a few years ago to hear Prem.  (A fine talk as per usual.)  IIRC, I sat beside Brian Bradstreet and generally made a fool of myself.

It was a nice day.  It had a bit too much non-value stuff at the time but it seems that they've corrected that issue this time around. 

Lol, I didn't notice immediately that it was the day before the FFH annual meeting.

For those who don't want to spend the $500, you can get a ton of value by dropping by the per-dinner event that's been running for several years now.  Casual drinks in a local establishment and value stock talk for those who arrive a little early.  Actually, I rather suspect that the value-to-price ratio will be rather higher at the pre-dinner event.  :)

Hi Folks,

To be fair, the Ben Graham Centre's conference has a few things our dinner won't.  You get to hear David Winters, Mohnish Pabrai, Jeff Stacey, Wayne Peters, and I believe Sir John's grand-daughter Lauren speak.  As well, you get a far more detailed conversation with Fairfax's investee CEO's.  Cheers!