David Sokol Op-ed in Washington Post

dcollon

After the Annual Meeting had ended, saw Sokol at the BYD/Mid-American display. He was very impressive, gave clear, concise answers to questions from shareholders. That day, he mentioned that if Congress had an opt-out of cap-and-trade, that they would take it. This simple solution he writes is probably too much common-sense, too little chance for favor-swapping. Congress and/or Obama will never accept it. We shall see what happens. As to what dealraker proposed, I am with you. The man has a good long-term outlook, and wasn't he the one behind the proposal to buy Constellation?

David Sokol spoke at the 2008 meeting regarding the Klotkut Indian problems and the poisoning of lakes by algae.

He solved the problem over the next year.

He seems to be a capable leader and I think hw lives in Omaha.

Guest JackRiver

The simplest of solutions is often the correct one.  Why don't politicians grasp this?  Cheers!

Parsad

All solutions are correct.  I'm guessing you meant to say, "the simplest of solutions is often the best one."

Yours

Jack River

The simplest of solutions is often the correct one.  Why don't politicians grasp this?  Cheers!

Parsad

All solutions are correct.  I'm guessing you meant to say, "the simplest of solutions is often the best one."

Yours

Jack River

Yes, that's correct Jack.  Thanks.  Cheers!

I don't know wich one will be the best to fit the job. I think the single most important trait that the next CEO will need to have is to not stand in the way of the managers of BRK subsidiaries.

Call them, say hello, "What were you doing before I've been nominated as the new CEO? Ok, please keep doing it".

Cheers!