2012 Fairfax Financial Shareholder's Dinner Information & Tickets

Parsad

Hi Everyone,

Everything is set for our 2012 Fairfax Financial Shareholder's Dinner.  Details are below:

2012 Fairfax Financial Shareholder's Dinner

April 25th, 2012

Fairmont Royal York

Imperial Room

100 Front Street West

Toronto, Ontario

(416)368-2511

All proceeds, including profits from tickets sales, corporate sponsorships, advertising, auctions and donations, go to

"The Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of Canada" in memory of JoAnn Butler, who was Prem Watsa's assistant for many years!

Buffet Dinner Tickets $100 (130 available)

Rear of Room Single Seat Tickets $50 (48 available)

Cash Bar

Buy tickets at www.cornerofberkshireandfairfax.ca (top of right hand column)

Reception:  6:00-7:00pm

Dinner:  7:00pm-8:30pm

Speakers and Q&A:  Approximately 8:30pm on

Buffet Menu

Bakery Fresh Assorted Rolls & Butter, Grissini Bread Sticks

Italian Farm House Minestrone with Basil Pesto and Parmesan Cheese

Baby Ruccola Leaves, Vine Ripe Tomatoes, Bocconcini and Pesto Vinaigrette

Caesar Salad with Sundried Tomatoes, Foccacio Croutons and Grana Padano

Grilled Zucchini, Red Green & Yellow Bell Peppers, Eggplant, Antipasto Platter with Olives

Genovese Basil Rosemary Roasted Chicken with Fennel, Peppers and San Marzano Tomato Sauce

Herb Marinated Red Snapper, Pickled Mushroom, Blood Orange and Truffle Emulsion

Lemon and Thyme Roasted New Potatoes

Wild Mushroom Tortellini tossed with Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Calamata Olives Sundried Tomatoes and Grilled Artichokes

Chocolate, Riccota and Vanilla Cannolis, Tiramisu Coffee Cups, Chocolate Espresso Drizzle

Fresh Cantaloupe with Blueberries

Fresh Brewed 100% Columbian Rainforest Alliance Coffee, Decaffeinated Coffee

Fairmont Blended Black, Green and Herbal Teas

For more information, corporate sponsors, advertising, and all donations, please contact Sanjeev Parsad at cornermarketcapital@gmail.com.  Thanks for your support, and we'll see you all there!  Cheers!

Hi Racemize,

I highly recommend that you stay at a hotel in the downtown core...in particular, not too far (within a short taxi ride) from the Fairmont Royal York or Roy Thomson Hall.  Plenty to do downtown, and lots of restaurants, bars, etc.  There is a good airport shuttle that runs regularly from the airport to seven main hotels downtown, and is less than half the price of a cab.  Although if you come with your family or a friend, then a cab is a good alternative.  I'm sure others will be able to give you more tips.  Cheers!

Hello all.  First time poster but I have been following the board closely since investing in Fairfax several years ago.  I think very highly of the organization and of Prem in particular.  I find this board is extremely interesting and educational.    I work in the insurance industry and am excited about the prospects of Fairfax given how they are so well positioned.   

I just signed up for the shareholder's dinner and very much looking forward to meeting many of you.  Many thanks to Sanjeev for all that you do with this Board and website-- it is amazing!

Happy New Year to you all!

-- Hudsonguy

Hi Folks,

Just a couple of updates on the dinner. 

1)  Since only a couple of people have bought the single seat, no dinner tickets, I don't want them to be sitting by themselves in the back.  Instead, those that have bought dinner and those that have not will just have different color nametags, but everyone will sit together on the round banquet tables.

2)  We are about 50% sold already, so please finalize your plans and buy your tickets in the next few weeks, as we will probably be sold out by March/April.

Cheers!

• 4 weeks later...

2012 Pre-Dinner Event

Wander over for friendly talk about value investing in a casual atmosphere before the FFH Dinner. 

The pre-dinner event will start up at 3pm this year for the few hearty souls who get in early.  (Let me know if an even earlier start is desirable.)  It will then run until just before the reception at the dinner (~5:45).

I'm going to suggest going to C'est What again unless there are strong opinions against.  It's close to the main event (10 min walk, here's a google map) and has a good selection of drinks.

Come armed with a good value stock to discuss  ;D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Are new board members welcome to the pre-dinner event ?

Yes, of course.  How else will they learn wisdom from resident expert James East - and a host of other notable value investors - while having a bouncy bubbly beverage?  ;D

Seriously, all are invited for some casual value talk.

Quick question for some of the veterans.  What time does the FFH annual meeting usually end?

The meeting itself and Prem's Q&A is over by about noon.  But then there is a cocktail party in the lobby for about another hour.  So everything is officially done by 1pm.  You can then come over to the Pickering/Green Rooms where MPIC Funds is doing their AGM!  ;D  Cheers!

Hi,

I am new on this board.  Is it still possible to get tickets for the Dinner?

Sure,... at least seems so, unless Sanjeev would have taken down the payment link to purchase tickets.

Here's the link:

http://cornerofberkshireandfairfax.ca/

You buy the tickets at www.cornerofberkshireandfairfax.ca (top of right hand column) at the PayPal link.

Everyone that wants tickets, has done it this way.

Hope this helps.

Hi,

I am new on this board.  Is it still possible to get tickets for the Dinner?

Sure,... at least seems so, unless Sanjeev would have taken down the payment link to purchase tickets.

Here's the link:

http://cornerofberkshireandfairfax.ca/

You buy the tickets at www.cornerofberkshireandfairfax.ca (top of right hand column) at the PayPal link.

Everyone that wants tickets, has done it this way.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Berkshire! 

Folks,

We are about 90% sold now, so if you want tickets, you better get them soon.  About a month left and I will probably be shutting it down the week before, because I need to finalize numbers for the Fairmont Royal York by then.  Cheers!