Active Investing - Shareholder Lists

Junto

Is anyone aware of the ability for a shareholder to get a list of all other shareholders in a small OTC company? I am eying a local company I think I could actively approach current shareholders and push for change/potentially take over with the right funding and time. The problem is that it is a very thinly traded firm and I am unsure of the composition of the ownership.

I know I am in over my head in this arena but think this is a great opportunity thus I will be building a position in the firm over the next 12 months.

Does anyone know a good resource to find out if you can get access to the shareholder list and detail?

Any resources would be appreciated.

Thanks!

edit... I am referring to a firm in the United States.

Getting a shareholder list in Canada is pretty straightforward I do not have a clue in the US. My guess is it is also pretty straightforward unless the company wants to put up a fight then you probably have to get a lawyer. What you are probably looking forward to is a proxy fight however which is a very expensive proposition.

Thanks for your comments. I will likely engage counsel once I get to that point. My main goal to start is to get my head around the steps and the process. I have watched it from the sidelines and as a supporter at several firms but this is my first foray into doing it myself.

First research then action. I am working on the research part and thought this board could potentially direct me to some good resources.