Fairfax Financial 2012 Shareholder's Dinner Update

Parsad

Hi Folks,

So tentatively, we have the Imperial Room (main lobby level, near the Library Bar) at the Fairmont Royal York booked for the dinner on Wednesday, April 25th, 2012.  I will post details on here as they become available.  We will be almost certainly doing a dinner with cash bar, and the ticket prices will be roughly $85-90 with proceeds going to "The Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of Canada".  Once everything is confirmed, I will be putting the event on "Eventbrite.com" and you'll be able to buy your tickets directly through there. 

I'm still working on the idea of having seats available for those that don't want to pay as much and don't want to partake in the dinner.  But depending on how the room is structured, there will be a limited amount of those seats available, and they will be furthest from the presentation area...and the discount won't be particularly big excluding the dinner, so expect to pay almost $50 for those seats.  I will try to arrange it so that coffee, tea, water and soft drinks are available to everyone.

The main reason I'm pushing the dinner is because that is what this event was originally about, and the majority of shareholders and participants do really enjoy that.  There is a certain sense of comraderie and goodwill that has developed between Fairfax shareholders (both private investors and institutional) through these dinners, and I think that sort of culture is important to maintain.  There are only a handful of companies that enjoy that sort of loyalty and cult-like following...Berkshire is one of course, and I'm not sure there is anything similar in Canada outside of the following Prem has developed.  We were all a part of that, and so that is the experience I want to retain for both new and old participants in our dinner.  Cheers!

Thank you Sanjeev-  We all greatly appreciate you for doing this.  This is the best event in the history of the investing world.  Some day soon books will be written about Fairfax and these dinners will become legendary.  There's nothing in the world that even comes close to how great these dinners are.

Hat's off to you and the Fairfax team that attends this wonderful event. 

Best wishes and kind regards,

Eddie

Agh, the problems that come with success!

Where are you going with this Sanjeev? A dinner with 1,000 people? You realize it is only a matter of time, right?

Sooner or later you will have to make a call on what the dinner should look like in its final form, because you will not be able to always accommodate everyone. Why not have a word with Vinodh or FC? Might be a good idea to start coordinating all the events. I know Bob Miles' interest has also been piqued.

I thought I will just put it out there; will always support you in this whatever your decision.

Hi MrB,

We already are!  ;D  Who do you think got the Fairmont Royal York to give us the Imperial Room?  Wasn't me!  They told me that they had no room available for the dinner, so somebody wielding a bigger stick had to make a call.  Cheers!

Hi MrB,

We already are!  ;D  Who do you think got the Fairmont Royal York to give us the Imperial Room?  Wasn't me!  They told me that they had no room available for the dinner, so somebody wielding a bigger stick had to make a call.  Cheers!

And someone who spoke softly, I'm sure.  :)

Hi MrB,

And someone who spoke softly, I'm sure.  :)

But of course!  Cheers!