where to find stock guides (print)

jb85

Hi all,

I was reading up on buffett investing in korean stocks and apparently his broker sent him a stock guide that initially sparked his interest.  Does anyone know where to get these stock guides.  I've been looking all over google and can't seem to find anything.  I went down to the library and found 4 volume Mergent International Stock guides, and looked at the 2004 edition, but couldn't find some of the companies that Buffett had mentioned that he bought, so I'm guessing his stock guide had a bunch more companies than these mergent guides (though mergent did have about 400-500 of the 1700 stocks on the korean stock exchange).  Any help on this would be appreciated (also wouldn't mind if someone knew where to find other stock guides such as the "world stock guide factbook", etc. that would give a quick glimpse of various indexes to see how cheap they are).  Thanks!

-Jim

ok, it was the citi guide.  However, i've tried calling a few brokers (as well as citigroup) and they havn't heard of it.  Anyone know of good location to find this guide, or something similiar?  Any specific brokers?  Thanks!

-Jim

alright, thanks for the help.  it looks i'm going to have to get a lot richer in order to get that citigroup guide.  Sounds like the mergent guide is about just as good. Business week also has good info, once you have the names of the companies.  Thanks!