Occupy Oakland protesters shut port, disrupt banks

Ben Graham

OAKLAND, Calif. — Occupy Wall Street protesters declared victory after thousands of demonstrators shut down evening operations at one of the nation's busiest shipping ports late Wednesday, escalating a movement whose tactics had largely been limited to marches, rallies and tent encampments since it began in September.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45134339/ns/us_news-life/#.TrKdo3KwVqg

With video

Its not about sides. Its about size of the protest. If i was small group and they try to shut down key capital infrastructure they would be broken down. But the numbers are too great nothing can be done in terms of violence first because this is america land of the free and second you do want all the population to become hostile.

Just like back in the Civil War where small military revolt or rebellion where violently destroyed and large ones and paid off by meeting their demands.

I don`t think the tea party people would do such a thing as impairing capital infrastructure. Since they are funded by business and what not. (Koch Brothers)

Note

Talking in terms tactical  maneuver.

Well I wonder what would happen if the Tea Partyers did the same thing???  I am sure the national guard would be called out and Channel 2,4,7,MSNBC would be howling.  It would be non-stop.

The media wished they would have, but the Tea Party didn't and they won't. 

The big difference is that the Tea Party worked within the system, and OWS wants to destroy the system.  Tea Party rallies were orderly and respectful of property.  Parks were spotless when they left.  There were no riots or significant disruptions.  Participants waived the American flag, and recited from the US Constitution and asked it to be respected.  Independent voters (essential to getting any political impact) were sympathetic, and joined them at the voting booth.  The result?  A major impact on the decision making process of this country.

OWS could have learned a lot from the Tea Party tactics, but they are going down the over-used path of "no justice, no peace" and independent voters are not buying any of it.  OWS fail.