Damn, My Three Shorts Were Right!

Parsad

A while back on here, I said that there were three stocks I would short the hell out of, if we shorted.  Unfortunately, we only got the put price we wanted on one...Salesforce.com...which we sold during the correction, and it has since rebounded.  The other two actually did far, far better...Opentable and Netflix...both down over 60%+.  Netflix is getting killed right now in afterhours!  Cheers!

A while back on here, I said that there were three stocks I would short the hell out of, if we shorted.  Unfortunately, we only got the put price we wanted on one...Salesforce.com...which we sold during the correction, and it has since rebounded.  The other two actually did far, far better...Opentable and Netflix...both down over 60%+.  Netflix is getting killed right now in afterhours!  Cheers!

I actually shorted OPEN and NFLX in a practice account with leverage. I made a virtual killing!! lol.

If Tilson had waited 6 months to put his trade on he would have a guru story to hang his hat on in 2011...

I actually shorted OPEN and NFLX in a practice account with leverage. I made a virtual killing!! lol.

If Tilson had waited 6 months to put his trade on he would have a guru story to hang his hat on in 2011...

Or just kept it going a little longer.  I think he closed it out towards the end of the 1st quarter, or in the 2nd quarter.  That's why I don't short.  With a long position, I have no time horizon really.  With a short, you not only have a time horizon, if it goes the wrong way it will kill you.  Cheers!

Liberty,  Just curious.  Why did you take responsibility for peter_burke_ceo's post:

tilson listened to the CEO reed hastings who advised him to sell.

I think you meant to say cover his short...

Yes, of course. Sorry. I'm too used to 'long' terminology because I don't do shorts :)

Liberty,  Just curious.  Why did you take responsibility for peter_burke_ceo's post:

Yes, of course. Sorry. I'm too used to 'long' terminology because I don't do shorts :)

Two topics (the Netflix one and this one) got merged or something it seems because if I remember correctly peter_burke_ceo's post was in the Netflix topic first.  ???

---

Netflix -36% pre-market btw.

Two topics (the Netflix one and this one) got merged or something it seems because if I remember correctly peter_burke_ceo's post was in the Netflix topic first.  ???

---

Netflix -36% pre-market btw.

No, thats not merged - that is creepy what happened there.

We dont have a double poster here do we?

Owned NFLX Sept 170 puts.  Lost 10% on them when NFLX finally crossed that price the very day of options expiration.  Given that it had looked like a total loss for some time, it could have been worse.  BUT... still kicking myself for not buying those Jan puts instead!

Next up on the chopping block is LNKD.  Catalyst could be the end of the lock-up period on 14 Nov.  It's a crowded short though.  Thoughts?