Exclusive Interview with Tom Russo

jacobwolinsky

Thought you guys would be interested. I conducted an interview with Tom Russo (about 14 pages of text), and just posted it. He was one of the first global value investors (great 25+ yr track record)-http://www.valuewalk.com/interviews/exclusive-interview-famous-investor-tom-russo/ http://www.valuewalk.com/interviews/exclusive-interview-famous-investor-tom-russo/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...

Gardner, Russo & Gardner's Q4 13-F is out and they are reporting over 100 new positions(!). ...

Quite weird to observe indeed. - Especially if one look at those particular trackers. Incoming capital/accounts to be reallocated?

I think Tom runs a bunch of individual accounts as well, so some of those positions may be inherited.

Gardner, Russo & Gardner's Q4 13-F is out and they are reporting over 100 new positions(!). ...

Quite weird to observe indeed. - Especially if one look at those particular trackers. Incoming capital/accounts to be reallocated?

I think Tom runs a bunch of individual accounts as well, so some of those positions may be inherited.

Yes - it's a bunch of individual accounts.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Thanks - look forward to this - never seen a letter by him, just read the interviews, and was immediately taken by the whole 'capacity to suffer' etc.

Can't remember if you know Lindsell Train, a sensational outfit who are a relative comparator in the UK.  They have a bunch of very good think-pieces on their website that I think you'd enjoy if you haven't already.