Poll For Our Annual Fairfax Financial Shareholder's Dinner

Parsad
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hi Folks,

Joe Badali's is too small for our annual dinner, I wanted to get some feedback on what you guys would like.  The dinner was a big part for many, but then again, the presentation is really why all of us attend. 

Because we are moving the event to the Fairmont Royal York, as it is more convenient for our guests and a bigger venue, the cost for things naturally is elevated and a sit-down dinner is much more expensive. 

So what would you like?  The pricing and structure will end up being somewhere near the majority of budgets.  Cheers!

The numbers include contributions to "The Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of Canada", which would be somewhere between $10-15 for each number.  It's actually the damn hotel that is eating up all of the money in the food price, as the rental of the room is actually relatively cheap.  Naturally, I will try and squeeze out discounts when I negotiate with them, but any extra juice that comes out goes to the charity.  Cheers!

Sanjeev,

It's your call as organiser but my suggestion is that we have two groups of people - the ones who want food can come earlier to have dinner (or hor d'ouevres) and pay more; the ones who don't want food can come later and pay less.

This way we don't deter people because of cost. Also, we maximise the collections for the Foundation.

oec

Sanjeev,

It's your call as organiser but my suggestion is that we have two groups of people - the ones who want food can come earlier to have dinner (or hor d'ouevres) and pay more; the ones who don't want food can come later and pay less.

This way we don't deter people because of cost. Also, we maximise the collections for the Foundation.

oec

May be a good idea.  What we can do is have theatre or classroom seating for the presentation, and dinner banquet tables in the rear of the room for those that want to come earlier for dinner.  What I will have to do is probably limit the number of dinner attendees...once they are full, that's it.  Let me run some numbers and talk to the Fairmont Royal York.  Cheers!