Nouriel Roubini - If You Can't Do, Teach!

Parsad

Article today about how Roubini, who is practically in the news every day talking about something, is selling his firm which has been losing money monthly. 

Fourteen million in revenue, 85 staff, $2M in losses.  He expects 8% growth in revenues in 2012, and 40% revenue growth in 2013...ppphhhhhttttt!  :P  Looks like Roubini went to the Ron Insana school of business management!

http://www.cnbc.com/id/44859944

What should he get for this piece of crap?  One dollar in my opinion...to both stop showing up on television and definitely don't go back and teach!  Cheers!

Parsad, does this mark the top for the doom and gloom business? lol

No, because it's such a good racket.  After almost 13 years of a flat S&P500 (I guess the gyrations in between have to be excluded), they've got it as good as ever.  Roubini, El Erian, Meredith Whitney, Jim Chanos...the list goes on and on.  They've all become rich celebrities from their prognostications, regardless of their batting average or actual return to investors. 

I miss the days when investors would just go about their business and make money, rather than hold webcasts, conference calls, press releases, powerpoints or television appearances.  That's why we don't talk to the press, we don't do interviews, we don't do anything except try and keep a low profile.  This is the only place you will see me write anything!  Cheers!

Parsad, does this mark the top for the doom and gloom business? lol

James Grant has been at it for decades.  8)  Mind you, I enjoy his scribblings.  The bear case can interesting because it might highlight areas/problems that you've not thought about. 

Grant keeps a much lower profile, as do many others.  They aren't on tv everyday or writing some new article.  Those guys actually have something to say.  Cheers!

Oh Sanj, it's better to switch off the TV to avoid being infected.  After all, when did you last get a good bit of actionable advice from TV?  ;D

Oh just a sec, I missed the part about him doing a Kevin O'Leary.    ::)

You know, how good is the research when you have a team of 85?  That 84th analyst and 85th analyst must have been keepers to lose $2M a year on $14M in revenues!  I'm sure they were just nailing it.  Geez! 

How the hell do you lose $2M on $14M in revenues unless either your costs are bloated, or you are spending it like Trump!  And he's talking about how bad Greece manages their finances.  ;D  Cheers!

It's funny how these guys start off with the right intentions, and then eventually the publicity, wealth and notoriety gets to their heads.  I'm really starting to discount anything El Erian has to say these days as well.  It's almost non-stop chatter.  Rosenberg...same camp!  Cheers!