Stripper Hedge Fund Manager is beating Tilson and Paulson (so far...)

http://dealbreaker.com/2011/10/stripper-turned-hedge-fund-manager-smoking-the-competition/

Marx NY Capital founder Niki M. Three years ago Niki was a stripper, first at Sapphire New York, then at HQ Gentleman’s Club, using the gig as “a way to advance her financial career,” and now? She’s running her own show and scoring triple digit returns so far this year, according to the latest letter to investors posted on her Facebook page.

::)

http://dealbreaker.com/2011/10/stripper-turned-hedge-fund-manager-smoking-the-competition/

Marx NY Capital founder Niki M. Three years ago Niki was a stripper, first at Sapphire New York, then at HQ Gentleman’s Club, using the gig as “a way to advance her financial career,” and now? She’s running her own show and scoring triple digit returns so far this year, according to the latest letter to investors posted on her Facebook page.

I'm skeptical.  I think she should show us her assets.  8)

Anyone remember that genius Lenny Dykstra?  How about Ron Insana starting a fund of funds with SAC?  Where are they now.  It's not a sprint...except for the Wall Street morons.  Cheers!

Are you kidding? :)

Everyone is starting a hedge fund!!

Get in on the fun and excitement!!

http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/fortune_archive/2006/08/07/8382584/index.htm

When I arrived at the conference, there were about 150 people - mostly men -milling around Gotham Hall, a gilded event space near Manhattan's Penn Station, with a 50-foot-high stained-glass ceiling. Some attendees wore suits, others polos and khakis. A few looked as though they actually had a shot at success.

One guy had a Metallica T-shirt. I wore a slinky black dress and heels because, hey, what better way to promote my soon-to-start hedge fund, No-Risk Blowout Capital, at a testosterone-teeming event like this? In booths circling the main floor were 15 hedge fund service providers. Two offered "one-stop solutions" for opening offshore funds in the Caymans and Bermuda; there were back-office outsourcers and law and accounting firms.

(But seriously...as I've said before, the mainstream financial press is an invaluable source of contrarian insight. If you do the opposite of what is hot you will win more than you will lose.)

One of the replies:

"1. Give stripper money

2. ????

3. Profit

I don't know about the rest of you, but my business plan usually ends at 1."

This is just a joke.

Funny.

I was ready to write a post about giving people a chance and how not everyone is born into a great situation and sometimes has to turn to alternative means to pay for school and get through life. But then I read the article and if she's posting intraday updates and launching a music career I think we can safely say she is a lucky charlatan and proceed with the stripper jokes.

One of the replies:

"1. Give stripper money

2. ????

3. Profit

I don't know about the rest of you, but my business plan usually ends at 1."

This is just a joke.

Funny.

I was ready to write a post about giving people a chance and how not everyone is born into a great situation and sometimes has to turn to alternative means to pay for school and get through life. But then I read the article and if she's posting intraday updates and launching a music career I think we can safely say she is a lucky charlatan (in regards to the recent returns), and can proceed with the stripper jokes.