RIP Steve Jobs

Guest valueInv

He was one of my greatest heroes, and I'll miss him greatly.

http://news.stanford.edu/news/2005/june15/jobs-061505.html

Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

I just got the news some 5 minutes ago, as I was trying to post on this board something complete different, so weird... suddenly I had a pop-up alert from one of my news apps at my iPhone that did reside next to my right hand. First I thought some complete other reason for the alert, until i saw the message. I was shocked. Sure I knew he was sick and might die, but frankly I didn't expect him to die so early. It's just so spooky that the message tool was his creation, the IPhone. Now I just wonder how many people around the world got a similar news alert about his death with the iPhone. It's mind-boggling. RIP - Steve Jobs  :'( :'( :'(

Tim Cook's email to all Apple employees:

Team,

I have some very sad news to share with all of you. Steve passed away earlier today.

Apple has lost a visionary and creative genius, and the world has lost an amazing human being. Those of us who have been fortunate enough to know and work with Steve have lost a dear friend and an inspiring mentor. Steve leaves behind a company that only he could have built, and his spirit will forever be the foundation of Apple.

We are planning a celebration of Steve's extraordinary life for Apple employees that will take place soon. If you would like to share your thoughts, memories and condolences in the interim, you can simply email rememberingsteve@apple.com.

No words can adequately express our sadness at Steve's death or our gratitude for the opportunity to work with him. We will honor his memory by dedicating ourselves to continuing the work he loved so much.

Tim

Read more: http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-20116357-37/tim-cooks-memo-to-apple-employees-about-jobs/#ixzz1ZxvZnpGJ

• 2 weeks later...