Chelsea Clinton now IAC board member

onyx1

Really? I don't think this is a big deal. Most boards will usually have one or two people who bring significant political connections which can be pretty helpful, especially if you have to do anything abroad. Political capital can be valuable.

Really? I don't think this is a big deal. Most boards will usually have one or two people who bring significant political connections which can be pretty helpful, especially if you have to do anything abroad. Political capital can be valuable.

Tariq, it just offends my sensibilities.  A 31-year old graduate student is now going to be giving her business insights to Michael Eisner, Edgar Bronfman Jr., and Don Keough?  Sure she has a political background, but is there anyone (besides her family) who really believes that she is the most qualified individual to represent shareholders?  Directors were all paid $300,000 last year!!  This is a nothing more than a political payoff.  I wonder what committee she will be on...the Audit Committee, the Compensation Committee, or maybe...geesh...the Executive Committee! 

If youth was the objective, I'd choose Tariq as a director over Chelsea Clinton any day of the week.