CDS in europe

Daphne

I scanned the Annual and most recent Q and cant find details on the CDS and what they are holding except that they were in deficity at both periods, and the notional is 3.5 B. 

Add to this the S&P hedge, the deflation bet, the long bond holdings.  I am totally guessing at least 1 B in gains in the past few days - offset somewhat by some less than stellar equity holdings.

The interesting thing is what the equity meltdown, disasters, and bond behaviour will do to other insurers who are not so well protected.  A goodly portion of the huge P&C surplus must be getting wiped out right now.  FFH is still my largest holding by far and for that I am grateful.  For this climate they are much better investors than I am proving to be, so far.

"FFH is still my largest holding by far and for that I am grateful.  For this climate they are much better investors than I am proving to be, so far."

Don t be too hard on yourself. You re probably going to do better than you think. At least you have a lot of FFH.

I wish FFH was my largest holding.

I scanned the Annual and most recent Q and cant find details on the CDS and what they are holding except that they were in deficity at both periods, and the notional is 3.5 B.

You might find your answer in the annual statutory report.

Here's the relevant page from ORH annual statutory statement (which is publicly available, and I've got with the kind help of Odyssey's team). Unfortunately I don't have the same data for FFH.

ORH CDS

You might find your answer in the annual statutory report.

Here's the relevant page from ORH annual statutory statement (which is publicly available, and I've got with the kind help of Odyssey's team). Unfortunately I don't have the same data for FFH.

ORH CDS

Thanks Username for attaching the CDS page. Do you happen to know who the counter party is on their CPI Bets?