Any Particular Issues With New Service Provider?

Parsad

Hi Folks,

Watermelon Webworks upgraded our server on Saturday night, so things should be even faster than when we first migrated over. 

Also, please let me know if you are having any particular issues with the site that may be common to other board members.  I will forward those concerns to Watermelon Webworks.  Some issues may just be due to settings on your own browsers or security software.  Cheers!

Here is one issue that was emailed to me.  Please let me know if you are having a similar problem or if you've experienced the same issue and found a solution.  Cheers!

Ever since the "Corner of Berkshire and Fairfax" domain (http://www.cornerofberkshireandfairfax.ca) was migrated to its new hosting provider, I have been periodically blocked from accessing the site. When that happens, I get the following error message:

Your connection to this server has been blocked by a firewall device.

You need to contact your service provider support (at) watermelonwebworks.com with the information below in order to restore your connection. Please include the information below in your message.

My blocked IP address is 173.???.???.???

The blocked access will typically last for a few hours at a time, and then I'm able to access the site without any issues. It doesn't seem to matter what IP address I'm accessing from... I periodically get this message when trying to access the site from home, from the office, and when traveling out of country. It also occurs on multiple browsers (both Chrome and IE9).

Do you know if I am the only person reporting this issue? Is there something I need to do on my end to fix it, or is it a server-side issue?