Donations Tab!

Parsad

Hi Folks,

There were some suggestions to create a membership fee to use the site to cover operating costs, etc, but I decided not to use that, as I would like the site to remain free for everyone. 

So I've added a Paypal "Donation" tab in the menu instead for anyone who feels like they want to contribute anything towards the site or my time.  Any funds provided will be used to upgrade the site as we migrate over, adding additional features for members, and offsetting my costs and time spent planning our annual Fairfax Financial Shareholder's Dinner...as well as other future events or services you all want for members.

Cheers and thanks for supporting the website!

Sanjeev

Tab is kind of difficult to spot unless anyone uses the menu buttons.

Donation tab is located at  " HOME HEALP ... CALENDAR DONATIONS LOGOUT" just below search box on Top-Left side in the forum.

The less obvious the better!  ;D  Cheers!

Tab is kind of difficult to spot unless anyone uses the menu buttons.

Donation tab is located at  " HOME HEALP ... CALENDAR DONATIONS LOGOUT" just below search box on Top-Left side in the forum.

The less obvious the better!   ;D  Cheers!

;D ;D ;D You cracked me up with this line.

Sanjeev,

Based on this study http://www.victoria.ac.nz/staff/john_randal/Papers/donations-1.pdf maybe you should list the big donations. :)

As I said earlier, you and the members of this board are well worth a donation.

Unfortunately, I would say about a third of the board interacts here anonymously for different reasons (industry, reputation, privacy, etc), but their donation information is their true identity.  I don't know think it is a good idea to list the donors on here because of that.  Cheers!

Well, this thread reminds me I havent donated yet :D..

Sanjeev, how about, along with the Tab you maybe can make the Donations/Services thread of its own?

That way everyone will see it and be reminded of it since it will be listed on the main screen?

The Donations information thread in that sections could be "topped" - perhaps it could also include Member/forum events (again Topped when appropriate).

Just a thought....er.. make that thoughts... ::).