Shiller P/E and the current market

Right now the Shiller PE is around 19 - a bit higher than the long, long term historical average, but right around its 45 year average. However, in an article from the WSJ this was stated by Burton Malkiel:

"First, I believe that stocks today are cheap. Price/earnings multiples are just over 14 and forward P/E multiples, which use forecasted earnings, have shrunk to less than 12. These multiples are low relative to historical precedent and are especially low when considered in comparison to a 10-year Treasury yield of 2.5%. Dividend yields of 2.5% also compare favorably with 10-year Treasurys. Multiples do not look cheap relative to average 10-year earnings (the so-called Shiller P/E multiples), but today's earnings are so much higher than average earnings that a 10-year average is not a good estimate of today's corporate-earning capacity.

Do you guys think he is right with that?

Here is the full article for those who are interested:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424053111903366504576492512709525754.html

Right now the Shiller PE is around 19 - a bit higher than the long, long term historical average, but right around its 45 year average. However, in an article from the WSJ this was stated by Burton Malkiel:

"First, I believe that stocks today are cheap.

I don't understand.  I thought asset prices represent all publicly available information.