Mr. Market The Bucking Bronco

Parsad

I thought I would start a new thread, as this day deserves its own alongside the "What a Lovely Frickin' Day" post. 

Is everyone enjoying the ride?  ;D  Never panic, never sweat folks...it will all be over in a while.  Cheers!

I'm not panicking, just wishing I had come into this with 100% cash  :P

But at least the businesses that I own stock in are mostly without debt and have lots of cash to do buybacks or buy underpriced assets, so in the long-term it should turn out well... Just have to be patient.

For those of us who may have a few shekels left, I would like to ask members to indicate which is their one best stock idea at this present time in the market. fdef

AAPL

V

MA

ETN

WFC

USB

LOW

HD

XOM

BRK

I called the bottom when BRK hit $66,50 today, that was insane.

I just didn't say it out loud, bad luck.  ::)

---

Warning - while you were reading 3 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.

Easy guys, easy...

Warning - while you were typing 2 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.

Stop it!  >:(

Since we've focused on the financials so much, I'll say DELL.

14$ stock

$4 net in cash

$2-2,2 EPS

inside ownership of 15% + great management

changed business

Probably worth a double yes.  :)

We'll do all right. ;D

Since we've focused on the financials so much, I'll say DELL.

14$ stock

$4 net in cash

$2-2,2 EPS

inside ownership of 15% + great management

changed business

Probably worth a double yes.  :)

We'll do all right. ;D

That's the point! I don't have cash left and am not sure I should sell some FFH for DELL.  >:(

Tom, Fairfax had more firepower ready than any other company I know, so they are probably buying many of the things you want to buy.  For example, I'm sure they are adding to their stake in DELL.  And their treasuries must have hit a home-run today, so they are almost definitely moving some of that cash to equities.  Hold the Fairfax and don't worry about buying Dell!  Cheers!

Tom, Fairfax had more firepower ready than any other company I know, so they are probably buying many of the things you want to buy.  For example, I'm sure they are adding to their stake in DELL.  And their treasuries must have hit a home-run today, so they are almost definitely moving some of that cash to equities.  Hold the Fairfax and don't worry about buying Dell!  Cheers!

I guess you are right. ;) I believe their stake in DELL is around 15% of the equity portfolio so my exposure is there.

My feelings are probably more concering "timing the market" now. I see much more upside potential in DELL (and others) in the short run than I see for FFH. But that is just perception and I could be totally wrong. It's about value anyway.  

I never thought I'd see BRK.B selling for $67. wow.

Lol $66.66. Nearly 30% from its high this year and 50% from its high in 2007.

Wasn't the low of the S&P500 666?  ;D

It must be Berkowitz facing redemptions! (like he would ever have enough influence  ::)).

I've been buying BAC Class A Warrants. And some BAC common today. (I got the common at 7.40, market timer I am not)

I've also been buying Alere (ALR) which is Klarman's 4th largest stock holding.  ALR has been on my watch list since last December and has never been quite cheap enough for me. Now it's trading at a 7.8 P/E. $22.57 is cheaper than Baupost bought the stock; so at least you know it passed Klarman's FOS.

http://www.dataroma.com/m/holdings.php?m=BAUPOST

Thanks all for your suggestions. I looked at BAC on Google finance and saw that BAC was down over 20%, so I scrolled down to see how the other banks did and I saw this headline :

Crabtree & Evelyn NEW ANTI-BAC MOISTURISING GEL giveaway | Chic ...

Having a somewhat perverted mind I got quite a chuckle out of the headline. I thought that BAC was giving away moisturising gel to its investors. I hope that I do not offend anyone with this. fdef

I've been buying BAC Class A Warrants. And some BAC common today. (I got the common at 7.40, market timer I am not)

I've also been buying Alere (ALR) which is Klarman's 4th largest stock holding.  ALR has been on my watch list since last December and has never been quite cheap enough for me. Now it's trading at a 7.8 P/E. $22.57 is cheaper than Baupost bought the stock; so at least you know it passed Klarman's FOS.

http://www.dataroma.com/m/holdings.php?m=BAUPOST

Ross,

Do you know of a good link summarizing the Alere thesis? Always good to look at a Klarman stock on sale.

I couldn't figure out exactly why Klarman bought ANV recently, so I didn't buy any, but it has far outperformed other gold stocks lately.

parsad, very good to see that you keep such a good mood!

regarding the wish list, i would be really interested in FFH however, FFH has hardly blinked while everyone else is crumbling, you reckon we can get FFH below $350 before this drama is over?

regards

rijk