best way to read site on mobile device?

bargainman

I have been thinking about putting together a simple mobile phone app.  Is there enough people who read the board on their phones?  I read it every morning on my iPhone while commuting to the office, but I wasn't sure if anyone else really did. 

Please let me know if you would use such an app, and it would be at no cost.  Cheers!

I have been thinking about putting together a simple mobile phone app.  Is there enough people who read the board on their phones?  I read it every morning on my iPhone while commuting to the office, but I wasn't sure if anyone else really did. 

Please let me know if you would use such an app, and it would be at no cost.  Cheers!

I would use it too!

Just a suggestion, if you do create an app (which I would enjoy) you might want to look into something like adobe air.  If my understanding is correct it would allow it to be scaled across multiple platforms.

Posted form my Blackberry Playbook powered by QNX.  ;D

So I just got an Android device and navigated to this site. It's pretty tough to read given the 4"+ screen.  I'm wondering is there a mobile version of the site, or a better way to read the forum than the standard url?

Thanks!

Have you tried reading it via a RSS reader on your mobile device?

Hi Folks,

So I was going to use a program called Apploop to make a simple app that would be available for the iPhone and Android, but these guys went out of business.  Some of the other hosted app sites charge a monthly fee of $25 to $100+, so I wasn't going to use those. 

Then I found this site that builds a simple app for the Android phone.  Unfortunately, I don't have an Android phone, so I can't download it to see what it looks like.  If you have an Android phone, you can download it here:

http://www.freeblogapps.com/d/73a11e/corner-of-berkshire--fairfax

Try it out and let me know if it works ok.  It's just a simple app that takes the RSS feed and makes it mobile friendly. 

I'll keep working on this thing and see if there are other ways to do this for minimal cost.  I already view the site on my iPhone every morning, and it actually works pretty darn good directly off the site web address.  Cheers!

Hi Folks,

So I was going to use a program called Apploop to make a simple app that would be available for the iPhone and Android, but these guys went out of business.  Some of the other hosted app sites charge a monthly fee of $25 to $100+, so I wasn't going to use those.  

Then I found this site that builds a simple app for the Android phone.  Unfortunately, I don't have an Android phone, so I can't download it to see what it looks like.  If you have an Android phone, you can download it here:

Try it out and let me know if it works ok.  It's just a simple app that takes the RSS feed and makes it mobile friendly.  

I'll keep working on this thing and see if there are other ways to do this for minimal cost.  I already view the site on my iPhone every morning, and it actually works pretty darn good directly off the site web address.  Cheers!

I just downloaded it... I got an error message once I started it up. :(

However, that didn't stop me from getting the "flirt with hot girls" ad from the program. ;)

Hi Folks,

So I was going to use a program called Apploop to make a simple app that would be available for the iPhone and Android, but these guys went out of business.  Some of the other hosted app sites charge a monthly fee of $25 to $100+, so I wasn't going to use those.  

Then I found this site that builds a simple app for the Android phone.  Unfortunately, I don't have an Android phone, so I can't download it to see what it looks like.  If you have an Android phone, you can download it here:

Try it out and let me know if it works ok.  It's just a simple app that takes the RSS feed and makes it mobile friendly.  

I'll keep working on this thing and see if there are other ways to do this for minimal cost.  I already view the site on my iPhone every morning, and it actually works pretty darn good directly off the site web address.  Cheers!

I just downloaded it... I got an error message once I started it up. :(

However, that didn't stop me from getting the "flirt with hot girls" ad from the program. ;)

Yeah, that part was sweet ah?

DW

Hey, if it can get Sanjeev enough ad revenue so that I can easily read this board on my phone, then I am happy and willing to put up with ads.

Hey, if it can get Sanjeev enough ad revenue so that I can easily read this board on my phone, then I am happy and willing to put up with ads.

I don't think that is part of my ad revenue, and probably goes to that app software developer.  Anyone have a screen shot or something that they can post on here, as I have no idea what it looks like...if it worked at all! 

I will delete that app tomorrow and work on it some other way.  Probably have to get an app developer license through Apple, and buy some software.  Anyway, I guess I found my summer project!  ;D  Cheers!

Simple machines doesn't offer any mobile skins for their software? This is the way several other message board companies handle this.

They don't have one yet, but they are working on it.  May just be worth it to wait.  As I said, I'll keep working on this.  Cheers!