Hey Sanj

opihiman2

The better team showed up for the last game.  Canucks...pretty much every player...played well below their abilities.  Kudos to Thomas - great and classy goalie!

Currently riots, car burnings and looting in progress through the downtown core.  Probably leftover muckrakers from the WTO meeting a few years ago!  

It was a great season, but the boys just fell a bit short.  We'll be back in the hunt next year!  Cheers!

The better team showed up for the last game.  Canucks...pretty much every player...played well below their abilities.  Kudos to Thomas - great and classy goalie!

Currently riots, car burnings and looting in progress through the downtown core.  Probably leftover muckrakers from the WTO meeting a few years ago!  

It was a great season, but the boys just fell a bit short.  We'll be back in the hunt next year!  Cheers!

Should there be a Lady Bing award for fans?

If those "Canadians" took their hockey seriously they wouldnt be doing shit like this.

These are obviously not true hockey fans who would go/watch every game. If they were they would have more respect for the game/fans/city.

These are most likely johnnycomelately trouble makers who enjoy seeing themselves in pics even though the ones who are looking over their pics with any real interest are the authorities.

Having said that, though not a die hard Canucks fan, I never did like the ideas of Sedins being Captain. They were really not up to it.  Cant crap on Luongo cause even if he let in one goal on how many of those games they would have still lost.

Hopefully i dont hurt any Bruins fans but honestly, when I see this Bruins team, I dont think Stanley Cup Powerhouse.  I see a team with an insane goalie deserving of all the accolades he gets. They had timely goals but mostly off the oppositon blunders - as Sanj said, all across the board. Sheesh, this team faced game 7 three times! (yea, Canucks did it 2x)

The one guy (on the Canucks) that i have more respect for today is Bieksa. He should have prob been named Captain but i think when they were deciding on who gets it after Luongo, I believe he was in a contract situation?

Canucks have the talent to go all the way again next year- the question is, do they have the heart? Do they learn what the 80s Oilers learned from the Isles?

Next year - should be interesting

Overall entertaining playoffs.

Sanj, at least you are not a long suffering leaf fan like myself.

I felt good for Tim Thomas-what a great story-not making it til he was 30+ yo-playing at such an elite level.

I think Canucks need just a little more grit. I think this past experience itself will make them grittier. I think we will see them go far  in playoffs again.

Overall entertaining playoffs.

Sanj, at least you are not a long suffering leaf fan like myself.

I felt good for Tim Thomas-what a great story-not making it til he was 30+ yo-playing at such an elite level.

I think Canucks need just a little more grit. I think this past experience itself will make them grittier. I think we will see them go far  in playoffs again.

Happy for Thomas and Vancouver-boy Lucic, but can you believe Kaberle is now a Stanley Cup champion!  ;D

Canucks should have really stuck to their goalie rotation they used during the regular season.  Luongo is very emotional, and when the pressure is on, he has a tough time dealing with it if it is all on his shoulders. 

If they had put Schneider in each game after a loss, and then rotated Luongo back in, he would have played better.  But unfortunately, coaches like to ride their horse during the playoffs, and that's not always the best thing for the player.  Cheers!

I think Canucks need just a little more grit.

I think alot more grit from their top players- how do you get Sedins and Kessler (though he is usally pretty gritty) to change their DNA?

Thats a tough one.

I would really love to know what goes through Gillis and and the coachs mind after that performance.

I said before, Luongo wasnt the problem IMO - he had 2 bad games but sheesh, 3 of the first goals in each game the D coughed it up right in front of him.

Unfortunately, Sedins and Kessler were consistantly absent the whole series.

I still cant believe Bruins are champs - wierd.

Yep, Tim Thomas has an inspiring story.  He is a brick wall of a goalie.  Too bad to hear about the riots.  Some of the videos I've seen were just sad.  At least the Vancouver cops seem classy as heck.  They were holding down the fort and doing their jobs without going overboard.

Anyways, there's always a next time. 

Wow, so many comments:

Tough to have the best record and lose game 7 in your own house. The fans of Vancouver deserved better.

Regrettably, the "fans" were not rioting, those were morons. Yes, of course they had donned Canucks garb (makes for better photo-journalism to be sure) but they were nothing short of morons. If Vancouver had pulled it out, the same numbskulls would have been doing the same thing....they simply want an excuse to be idiots, and this series proved to be the excuse they needed.

Thomas was unreal, absolutely unreal...funny how we have a 2 year streak of the guy who started the year as back-up (Neimi was the backup to Huet for the Blackhawks at the start of 2009-2010) ended up backstopping the Stanley Cup Champs. Luongo's comment about the goal Thomas let through in Game 5 was ill-advised at best, and stupid at worst. It does not even matter that he may have been technically correct, you don't want to give a hot goalie more incentive...and it bit Luongo in the a**.

Really surprised at Ryan Kessler...he was money for the Canucks, game in and game out, for most all of the year and for most of the playoffs. Not sure how/why, but was a statistical non-factor against the Bruins.

Agreed that Kevin Bieksa would be a good captain...heckuva player.

Dear GOD I'd love to have Milan Lucic in a Blackhawks uniform.

Congratulations to the Bruins. Not sure if the best team won, but the Bruins the were the better team in these 7 games.

-Steve

Wow, so many comments:

Tough to have the best record and lose game 7 in your own house. The fans of Vancouver deserved better.

Regrettably, the "fans" were not rioting, those were morons. Yes, of course they had donned Canucks garb (makes for better photo-journalism to be sure) but they were nothing short of morons. If Vancouver had pulled it out, the same numbskulls would have been doing the same thing....they simply want an excuse to be idiots, and this series proved to be the excuse they needed.

Thomas was unreal, absolutely unreal...funny how we have a 2 year streak of the guy who started the year as back-up (Neimi was the backup to Huet for the Blackhawks at the start of 2009-2010) ended up backstopping the Stanley Cup Champs. Luongo's comment about the goal Thomas let through in Game 5 was ill-advised at best, and stupid at worst. It does not even matter that he may have been technically correct, you don't want to give a hot goalie more incentive...and it bit Luongo in the a**.

Really surprised at Ryan Kessler...he was money for the Canucks, game in and game out, for most all of the year and for most of the playoffs. Not sure how/why, but was a statistical non-factor against the Bruins.

Dear GOD I'd love to have Milan Lucic in a Blackhawks uniform.

Congratulations to the Bruins. Not sure if the best team won, but the Bruins the were the better team in these 7 games.

-Steve

50th overall, 2006.... so those 2nd 3rd - picks can really mean something.

Im sure the fact he didnt have pretty skills kept him down in the draft.

Would be a C soon if it wasnt for Chara there - he (Lucic) was C for Canadas National Junior team - a pretty big deal.

Kesler had a severe groin-related injury.  He was being shot up with pain killers before every game since the early part of the San Jose series.

Bieksa would make a good captain.  So would a number of other players on the Canucks...Kesler, Hamhuis, Malhotra, Daniel Sedin.  Thing is, Henrik was actually a great captain.  The guy wins the Art Ross and Hart without his brother, and then his brother wins the Art Ross the next year and is nominated for the Hart. 

Plus both of them stick around for all of the media questions, they are great with the fans and city, and take all the blame for the loss...Henrik actually said to the media (to deflect questions about Luongo) by saying if you are going to blame anyone, blame him and Daniel.  He played hurt from the middle of the Nashville series, and when the media asked what was wrong with him, he said "nothing except a scoring slump!"  Classy guy!  Cheers!   

Yes, it was disappointing to see Vancouver lose. However, I do not think the Canucks need to psychoanalyze things too much. They had a great season and they have a great team; they proved that in spades this year. The bottom line is the Stanley Cup is a marathon and the teams are so close in talent the winners need to have depth and hope the injury bug does not bite too hard. Vancouver was playing without Hamhuis (top D), Rome (top 6 D), Samuelson (top 6 forward and PP guy), Raymond (top 6 forward), Malhotra (3rd line & top face off guy) came back in game 2 from eye injury but clearly was not at his best; others had severe injuries (Erhoff - top 4 D- 2 broken fingers), Kesler (2nd line centre - groin?) etc. And yes, Boston was banged up too (Horton out etc) so both sides had adversity. Marchand was the player from Boston I was most impressed with; Boston was the better team.

I'm surprised that nobody complained about the whistles. Boston shouldn't have been in the finals IMO. Tampa's game 7 had no whistles either and their special teams are more solid than Boston's.

Take the power play out of the games for the most part and you have a huge advantage to the team with the weaker special team play.

I'm surprised that nobody complained about the whistles. Boston shouldn't have been in the finals IMO. Tampa's game 7 had no whistles either and their special teams are more solid than Boston's.

Take the power play out of the games for the most part and you have a huge advantage to the team with the weaker special team play.

That's very true!  Unfortunately, sometimes the refs do put the whistle away, and teams have to change their game plan.  Both Tampa and Vancouver couldn't overcome those issues. 

Although, let's give Boston credit on the defensive end.  How many shots did their players block?  The put a stranglehold on the two most potent powerplays in the league in back to back series.  The Sedins and Kesler had plenty of chances, but in close, Boston was doing everything they could to clear the puck.  Their forwards were also doing a great job defensively. 

We'll see them again, and we'll beat them next time!  Cheers!