Time have changed...

benhacker

Ben, I think NRB on the yahoo board is the only person still short FFH  ....LOL We have gone sideways because the shorts were wrong and they covered and a lot of long institutional investors used that short covering to reduce their positions what we have not seen yet is a expansion in the  serious mkt participants who believe that Prem is worth a premium. IMO if Prem can produce decent underwriting results combined with his specatcular investment results premium pricing by MR. Mkt. for FFH is just a matter of time. It will not be the value guys who will place the premium pricing we are by definition too cheap to do that . I can see a day in the not too far distant future when the marginal price in the mkt is set by investors who are willing to pay a premium for the FFH track record.

Guest longinvestor

<premium pricing by MR. Mkt. for FFH is just a matter of time.>

a.k.a. cheery consensus.

Whodda thunk this was possible with FFH?

Whodda thunk this was possible with FFH?

About half the folks on this board. :)

We shall see if we get to 3x book again.  Sadly, most of us will have unloaded before then, but damn, wouldn't that be crazy?

Enough crazy talk... ;-)

Ben

Does any one else find it interesting that with short interest down to the levels noted above, that the Q1 2009 earnings report was not accompanied by the news headlines such as "Fairfax's Earnings Plummet", "Fairfax loses $60 Million for the quarter" or "46% revenue decline leads to $60M loss for the quarter".

-Crip

I think that's primarily because Prem qualified the quarter with the improvements in the 2nd quarter.  Otherwise you know that the papers would have come out with those headlines...since they usually don't read past the first three sentences of any press release!  ;D  Cheers!

No, I'm with Crip.  The headlines are largely driven by a few folks who feed their contacts.

Those few who are feeding the machine have take a break for now on FFH it appears.  I note the coincidence as well and find our system a bit questionable, but I have no idea how to solve the issue without simply making the entire world better at critical thinking.

It's not illegal...

Ben