The Danger of Living on Bread and Circuses

Personally I think it's not her finest work.. by far.  She draws up a comparison, then basically complains about the progress of industry that makes basic goods cheaper, then complains that the internet retailers and putting the old school retailers out of business cause they're more efficient.  Then complains about the entertainment economy and loss of manufacturing, which is ironic given she's a writer and could be classified as being in the entertainment industry.  Then she offers no thoughts on any solution to the problem.  A pretty shallow article IMHO.

Personally I think it's not her finest work.. by far.  She draws up a comparison, then basically complains about the progress of industry that makes basic goods cheaper, then complains that the internet retailers and putting the old school retailers out of business cause they're more efficient.  Then complains about the entertainment economy and loss of manufacturing, which is ironic given she's a writer and could be classified as being in the entertainment industry.  Then she offers no thoughts on any solution to the problem.  A pretty shallow article IMHO.

I find it interesting that you use the word: "comlain" as much as you have. Also that the author should offer a solution to her observation.

I think of this a "food for thought" type of article and I'm happy that no solution was offered in it.  I often parallel aincient Greece and Rome to USA.  The reason I like this article so much is not that it offers a solution, but that it confirms my bias.

:D

I think of this a "food for thought" type of article and I'm happy that no solution was offered in it.  I often parallel aincient Greece and Rome to USA.  The reason I like this article so much is not that it offers a solution, but that it confirms my bias.

:D

LOL!  well that's all good then :-)