Wesco Financial Shareholder Meeting

zarley

Anybody have the information (when/where) for the WSC annual meeting?  I'm considering attending, but haven't seen any information on it. 

Thanks in advance for any help.

zarley

Edit:

With slightly better google-fu, I found it here:  http://www.wescofinancial.com/page7.html

Wesco's 2009 Annual Meeting of Shareholders will be held in Ballroom "D" of the Exhibit Hall & Ballroom Building of The Pasadena Center, 300 East Green Street, Pasadena, California, on Wednesday, May 6, 2009 at 2:00 p.m.

The Wesco meeting is a great way to bring in the end of the Value Season. This year I'm looking forward to listening to him talk about ways we can get out of a negative feedback cycle!  Aside from Whitney, the questions are usually much better and Charlie's wit and wisdom is really showcased unlike the Berkshire meeting. You normally don't need to own shares to get in, and Charlie takes the time to sign books and take pictures with his acolytes so come early!

Aside from Whitney . . .

Hehe.  I rememeber watching the video from Charlie's appearance at Cal Tech last year and some guy got up with a long and winding dissertation of a question.  It was Whitney, and Charlie could barely hide his annoyance. 

I have another meeting that afternoon, but I'm inclined to skip/change it so I can head to Pasadena.

I won't be able to get there this year :'(

It's a pretty big hall.  Last year everybody got in.  I don't think they have provisions for over flow.  I got there about 45 minutes early last year and the seats were fine, but it does get more and more crowded every year.  No credentials were required.

Small favor, let me know if he mentions the book, Size Matters I sent a copy to him last year.

Enjoy,

Nick

• 1 month later...

greg39

My notes from the meeting show Charlie mentioned an economist whose name I recorded as "Wolsenhouer", however this must be spelled wrong as a google search yields no results.  Anyone else catch this?

The other person Charlie indicated admiration for was Freeman Dyson, the physicist whose perspective on global warming is the opposite Al Gore's.

• 2 weeks later...