MSFT board supports Ballmer

shalab

Guest VAL9000

From the article linked in that article:

"Bill Gates is a ruthless capitalist. If he wanted to, he'd walk Ballmer to the door himself," said a fund manager at one of Microsoft's largest shareholders, who asked to remain anonymous.

So true.

From the article linked in that article:

"Bill Gates is a ruthless capitalist. If he wanted to, he'd walk Ballmer to the door himself," said a fund manager at one of Microsoft's largest shareholders, who asked to remain anonymous.

So true.

I think he is right.

I have not been too impressed by Einhorn lately...

I was impressed and liked Einhorn initially.

I think his recent public presentation first with St Joe and recently MSFT make him look bad (obnoxious). Even if he is right I think some things should be kept quiet  or done in private .

I think his recent public presentation first with St Joe and recently MSFT make him look bad (obnoxious). Even if he is right I think some things should be kept quiet  or done in private .

He is a very poor judge of Gates if he thinks a little publicity will get Ballmer out.  Gates has a high amount of integrity and won't make a move like that just to please a small-time hedge fund manager that is just in it for a trade.  Gates is a very good judge of character, for example he has said that Buffett is his best friend.

Speaking of his character, the MSFT board says something good about BofA.  The CFO is on the Microsoft board, somebody looking at BofA might like to know that, because as a "black box" it's nice to know that the CFO reporting the numbers is somebody that Gates trusts.

EDIT:  http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/bod/noski/

I think his recent public presentation first with St Joe and recently MSFT make him look bad (obnoxious). Even if he is right I think some things should be kept quiet  or done in private .

He is a very poor judge of Gates if he thinks a little publicity will get Ballmer out.  Gates has a high amount of integrity and won't make a move like that just to please a small-time hedge fund manager that is just in it for a trade.  Gates is a very good judge of character, for example he has said that Buffett is his best friend.

Speaking of his character, the MSFT board says something good about BofA.  The CFO is on the Microsoft board, somebody looking at BofA might like to know that, because as a "black box" it's nice to know that the CFO reporting the numbers is somebody that Gates trusts.

Thanks Ericopoly. Yes this is very useful to know.

What about Raymond Gilmartin's board membership?

What is the dirt on him?  I feel like I should know.

His biography (per Microsoft):  http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/bod/rgilmartin/

He was the CEO of Merck when salesmen were given special tactics to avoid discussing the cardiovascular side effects of Vioxx. It took four years after a study in 2000 pointed to heart complications for Vioxx to be pulled off the market.

He is a very poor judge of Gates if he thinks a little publicity will get Ballmer out.  Gates has a high amount of integrity and won't make a move like that just to please a small-time hedge fund manager that is just in it for a trade.  Gates is a very good judge of character, for example he has said that Buffett is his best friend.

I agree with the first sentence, not sure sure about the second (integrity part).  Maybe Gates has irreversibly changed his ways, but I still remember the Gates of old, crushing competitors, monopolistic practices, buying companies then shuttering their technology to get them out of the market.  Doing anything to win.  Now he's rich and wants to save the world from Malaria and is best friends with Buffet.  Good for him, but I still question his past motives.  That said I agree 100% on your statements regarding Einhorn...