CNBC Anchor Mark Haines Dies

Guest ValueCarl

Guest ValueCarl

CNBC Anchor Mark Haines Dies At Age 65      05/25 07:01 AM

DOW JONES NEWSWIRES

Longtime CNBC anchor Mark Haines died unexpectedly Wednesday, the business news channel reported on air. He was 65 and had been with CNBC since its launch in 1989.

-Dow Jones Newswires; 212-416-2900

(END) Dow Jones Newswires

05-25-111001ET

Copyright © 2011 Dow Jones & Company, Inc.

I agree.  Very sad.  As much as I can't stand CNBC, I feel in many ways that Mark Haines has been in some (very) small way a part of my life for a long time.  Many years ago before CNBC was the CNBC we know and love today, Mark Haines was great.  Agreed as well on his broadcast on 9/11.  Sad.

Very said. As I've said on here before, I generally try to avoid all the buffoons on CNBC during the day, but always loved watching Mark and Erin in the morning. First Erin left, and now Mark passed away. I loved his honesty and the fact that he never hesitated to give all the moron analysts he had to interview crap and exposing that they had no idea what they are talking about (he really did a great job at exposing how stupid so many analysts are on national tv). Mark's candor always made it seem like you were sitting across from the table from him and not watching him on TV. He will be missed.

Anyone know what happened to him? CNBC is saying he died in his home, but I haven't heard what from.

Guest ValueCarl

Without a doubt, his law back ground made him an outstanding interrogator of the business charlatans who continue to parade that program. The only good news that can be gleaned from this horrible event, is that, CNBC's ratings will go down further which affects that CABLE DEAD BEAT COMCAST. That's the one who continues to attempt GOUGING US citizens for Over The Top Video(OTTV) with "tolls" just because........, and zero economic factors for doing so!