Biglari & Linnartz Part Ways?

Parsad

Doesn't look like Sardar is getting any better at keeping quality people around him.  According to the 10-Q filing today, BH has sold Mustang Capital subsequent to the 2nd quarter. 

I found John Linnartz to also be a very straight-shooter.  He went into that relationship to protect his family's long-term interest in Mustang Capital, and because he had faith in Sardar's leadership and ethics...not unlike myself!  It's a shame when power and money get in the way of doing what's right.  Cheers!

Sanjeev, do you happen to have your interview with John Linnartz archived somewhere? I stumbled upon the original thread, but the link doesn't seem functional anymore.

Here is the interview.  Cheers!

It's just sad the path that he taking especially when he was building such a following. Myself, I sold SNS/WEST last year after being feedup with his games and double talk.

I wanted to ask the board -- you might not want to be a fellow shareholder once he takes over a company, BUT, would you invest in his activist holdings such as:

CAW and Penn National?

Didn't Bigs and Linnartz get into a shouting match over the Denny's activist deal?  Or am I remembering incorrectly?  I also remember Linnartz giving a less than stellar interview about why you should vote for their side on the Denny's proxy.. I think it was Dennys, but I'm having a hard time remembering the details.

I know there is a relationship between Sardar Biglari and Johnathan Dash of Dash Acquisitions. Dash has generally been in similar investments as Sardar.  Dash Acq. is and was an activist/investor in Denny's.

I do not believe Sardar made an investment in Denny's with Dash.  I would love to know the background discussion and conversations if anyone knows it.

Didn't Bigs and Linnartz get into a shouting match over the Denny's activist deal?  Or am I remembering incorrectly?  I also remember Linnartz giving a less than stellar interview about why you should vote for their side on the Denny's proxy.. I think it was Dennys, but I'm having a hard time remembering the details.

Maybe you are recalling an interview with Jonathan Dash of Dash acquisitions: http://classic.cnbc.com/id/15840232?video=1497317094&play=1

Maybe you are recalling an interview with Jonathan Dash of Dash acquisitions: http://classic.cnbc.com/id/15840232?video=1497317094&play=1

Is Linnartz one of the individuals on the video?

I think you are confusing a number of things. 

- One, it was Jonathan Dash who was seeking a seat on the board of Denny's...the other investors were Oak Street Capital, who have successfully implemented change at Red Robin, after they lost the activist battle at Denny's. 

- Two, I don't believe Sardar, nor Western or Steak'n Shake, had a stake in Denny's. 

- Three, I've never heard of any shouting match between Sardar, Linnartz or Dash.

Cheers! 

Thanks, I think it was Dash, and I didn't mean a literal shouting match, sorry.  I remember Sardar coming out at the most inopportune time and stating he and BH had nothing to do with the Denny proxy fight or Dash.  I think I was confusing them.  Are Dash and Biglari associated in any way?  There was the whole Enhance Denny's committee no?

Here is a reference to the 'shouting match' I was referring to:

http://www.mysanantonio.com/default/article/Biglari-name-invoked-in-Denny-s-proxy-fight-793095.php

Oh here is something else I just found:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Dennys-Stays-in-the-tsmp-3988930977.html?x=0

"Jonathan Dash of Dash Acquisitions, a member of the committee, has also been involved in three other restaurant activist campaigns: Friendly's, Western Sizzlin and Steak n Shake, all of which have involved current Steak n Shake CEO Sardar Biglari. Dash has also been on the board of Western Sizzlin and consulted to Steak n Shake in recent years."