The (Ira) Sohn Investment Idea Contest

S2S

Disclosure: I'm not in any way affiliated to the organizers, just happened to think it might be a good opportunity for someone here. For a good cause, as well.

"The Sohn Investment Idea Contest seeks to identify a great investment idea to help benefit children with cancer. The winner will present the winning idea in a ten-minute presentation at the prestigious Sohn Conference on Wednesday, May 25, 2011 at the Rose Theater, 5th Floor Frederick P. Rose Hall, Home of Jazz at Lincoln Center, Broadway at 60th Street in New York City.

A distinguished group of judges led by legendary investor Michael Price and including celebrated investors Bill Ackman, David Einhorn, Joel Greenblatt and Seth Klarman will select the most compelling investment idea. The winner will present the investment idea in front of approximately 2,000 people at the renowned Sohn Investment Conference.

The winner will be selected based on the judges' determination of the most compelling investment idea with a 12-month horizon. On Monday, May 23 at 9:30am, twelve semi-finalists will be notified. Later that day, at 4pm, four finalists will be notified. Each finalist will need to confirm by 7pm that evening that he/she will attend the conference and will be prepared to present his/her idea. At the conference at 2:30pm on Wednesday, May 25 Michael Price will announce the winning idea and the winner will make his/her presentation."

https://www.wizehive.com/appform/login/irasohn

There is this little problem that the company has to have at least a $1 billion market cap. I started preparing this great write-up for a $100 million cash flow positive Graham stock with a dividend triggering event that I am not sure now what to do with it :). It looks like I will have to post it in the blog, but it is not the same thing.

Does somebody have Prem's or Francis' email to send it them?