Munger on Trump

Parsad

Guest ValueCarl

I only wish he would not have held back on this HALF WIT! Where I believe Mr. Munger is off base, naive even, is his belief that their government would not cross boundary lines.

Certainly, the Chinese are an ambitious people not to be ignored; even embraced as they have been through their successful run with serendipity capitalism notwithstanding their Communist core government.

What needs to be established though, are fair trading rules which sadly Mr. Buffett addressed nearly 8 years ago now(Fortune Magazine, I believe), but it fell on deaf ears in D.C.  :-(

You give me WEB as Treasury Secretary and the US takes care of the Chinese, Goldman, and the question of hard currency over fiat,  in one fell swoop! I guarantee it!  ;) On the other hand, maybe he would explore a new currency with meaningful stored up value; a basket of commodities important to the 21st century and beyond.  

Guest ValueCarl

If this board would like more proof for themselves versus relying in total on Charles T., here you go! At the same time, I would keep reminding US voters that, this man is an absolute DISASTER FINANCIALLY, when it comes to stewarding for "PUBLIC SHAREHOLDERS!"

This is a very DANGEROUS MAN, and to label him a HALF WIT seems to be an UNDERSTATEMENT and too kind.

His commentary is so ignorant, it can only be deduced that, he has no intentions of ever running for President, rather, he is in dire need of better t.v. ratings for the rubes whose mind share is his to keep! For if this is not true, and this is the collective conscience of the vast majority of Americans, God save America!    

http://dailybail.com/home/trump-rips-china-listen-you-motherfuc-video.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheDailyBail+%28The+Daily+Bail%29  

Guest Bronco

Trump has no shot at any political office.  He is a side show freak.

I'm not saying this guy has all the answers, but the Republicans need someone like Chris Christie to step up.  Someone who will step up and start the debate on tough issues.

Republicans and Democrats are flushing this country down the toilet.  And although I favor Republicans, they cater to the lobbyists just as much as the Joes in the other party. 

Both parties IMO are screwing the poor - and you see it with gas and food prices. 

Guest ValueCarl

Good God! Bronco and I are in sync, yet again!  :D

This system needs a fresh start, by gutting it first, and then rebuilding with new blood across all aisles. At the same time, there will need to be a tremendous focus on the DOD report and "financial terrorism" referenced in the Sokol poll.

If Trump were a real men, and this public charade and grandstanding amongst ELITES were not some "ruse," after that "silly abuse" by comedians and President Barry Soetoro, something more akin to Hamilton and Burr might ensue.

Gentlemen, your choice of pistols, please. imo

<Republicans and Democrats are flushing this country down the toilet.  And although I favor Republicans, they cater to the lobbyists just as much as the Joes in the other party.> 

Certainly, the Chinese are an ambitious people not to be ignored; even embraced as they have been through their successful run with serendipity capitalism notwithstanding their Communist core government.

Carl, I learned two useful words to describe the Chinese this past weekend in Omaha, "State Capitalism".  That was how Charlie described China when asked about the power of China in the coming future.

Guest ValueCarl

One must hand it to their leaders for accepting their newfound success. They are showing great wisdom in that regard. Not only accepting it but looking at the world's history for "clues" how to "best of breed" position themselves while fast forwarding. These are very intelligent, highly capable competitors! 

This is all on the surface; however, for the time being as they move "aggressively" to usurp, quite frankly, hoard world resources.

"Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer." On the other hand, I believe the "international banksters" are very good at managing this principle, and will consistently maintain being the agitator not allowing thousands of years worth of DNA culture to have their way totally without war and strife amongst themselves, and/or other portions of the globe.

It's so Hegelian; thesis, anti-thesis, synergy. Lather, rinse and repeat! 

• 2 weeks later...