Osama Bin Laden: 1957 - 2011

Crip1

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think maybe it's time American's realized they have a President who is actually working his ass off for the country, and got behind him and supported him instead of casting aspersions on his ethnicity, patriotism or loyalty.  You want him out of office and all he's done is stave off a Depression, regain global respect for the United States and caught the number one person on America's most wanted list.  Cheers!

Was in Afghanistan so prob some bunker buster

A mansion in Islamabad.

And they said was a bullet to the head from a fire fight.

Honest question here: What will the U.S. do with the actual body?

Guest Bronco

Dow will be up tomorrow.

Parsad-I don't question obama's patriotism, loyalty, or any of that.

He is a good man.

I do question his economic policies, but that is for another day. 

I wonder if the military person that shot him in the head will ever get to tell their story.  Must have been an interesting time leading up to the event. 

I find the intelligence research interesting.

A million dollar house in a suburb of million dollars houses -- except this one has a lot of security and very high walls.  So far that's not terribly unusual for a rich person to have security walls.

But the home had no phone service and no internet service!

I think the craziest thing is what Osama's total economic impact on the  US Military, US Home Land Security, Insurance Impact of 9/11, Canadian Military costs, British Military Costs, and the list keeps going!

Do you stop counting at $5T?

$2 Bet he got taken out by Canadian Sniper ;)

Was in Afghanistan so prob some bunker buster

Wonder if he just died of the illnesses he had. They say the body is in US auth hands!

A Canadian held the distance record for a while.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Longest_recorded_sniper_kills#Confirmed_kills_1.2C250.C2.A0m_.281.2C367.C2.A0yd.29_or_greater

yea, it was for quite a while but i thought they still hold the record for training type shot distance.

You know, this is the stuff that I'm saying that American's should find terribly offensive, yet it continues even on a day like this:

Some Fox affiliate reported the story as "Obama Bin Laden Dead"!  C'mon, you guys are better than that.  This day is so important to all those families who lost someone on 9/11, and Fox is doing shit like this.  Cheers!

C'mon, you guys are better than that.

Unfortunately they are not.. have you seen the new Sun News station?

Oh baby.. how can some of those people look themselves in the mirror in the morning before going to work. 

You know, this is the stuff that I'm saying that American's should find terribly offensive, yet it continues even on a day like this:

Some Fox affiliate reported the story as "Obama Bin Laden Dead"!  C'mon, you guys are better than that.  This day is so important to all those families who lost someone on 9/11, and Fox is doing shit like this.  Cheers!

Easy now Parsad.  There is no indication that this was anything but an innocent mistake (one that has been happening since Obama got into the race in 2007).   What's more, it wasn't just Fox, but also a reporter from a network well know for supporting Obama, MSNBC.

http://dailycaller.com/2011/05/02/typo-msnbc-correspondent-accidentally-reports-on-twitter-that-obama-killed/

Sanj,

You are right about the headline but there is always some lunatic frindge who can get their voice out in the US it is part of the system.  I am happy for this event.  I think you have misconstrued the dis-approval of the President.  Its not because he has done the things you have said.  These are what folks want an American President to do.  It primarily has to do with the bigger promises made and not kept. If he would not have promised so much and focused on few things that everyone agrees on (like this) versus many (which are controversial), he would be in much better shape and not come off to some people as so partisian and arrogant.

Packer

Guest Bronco

I'll save my criticism for Obama for a different day.  There are still a lot of questions - what is our relationship with Pakistan?  Is slightly mixed an understatement?

Anyway, great job by military and the President should get some credit on this.

Is there going to be somebody thanking George W. Bush for initiating the effort in Afghanistan and Pakistan that eventually led to this conclusion?

I don't want to take anything away from Obama and he diserves praise, but no where near as much as American personel working hard in the dark. IMO, they are the true heroes making huge sacrifices.

It is a great day for the world. Please let's leave aside politics.

Cardboard

Is there going to be somebody thanking George W. Bush for initiating the effort in Afghanistan and Pakistan that eventually led to this conclusion?

Many have done so.

Obama himself referenced Bush in last night's speech. And according GWB's press release, he was one of the first people to receive the news directly from Obama; that must mean something, no?

I think maybe it's time American's realized they have a President who is actually working his ass off for the country, and got behind him and supported him instead of casting aspersions on his ethnicity, patriotism or loyalty.  You want him out of office and all he's done is stave off a Depression, regain global respect for the United States and caught the number one person on America's most wanted list.  Cheers!

Well said.

Guest misterstockwell

...says the man from a country with a strong currency  ;D

I am not getting into politics, but boy do I ever disagree!

I'm glad he's dead, he was a murderer and a terrorists, but it certainly isn't a clear victory for the USA.

10 years and trillions of dollars spent... not to mention all of the additional lives lost.

Bin Laden's goal was to bankrupt the United States.  One could make the argument that he won.

--Eric