FFH Shareholder Dinner and AGM

Buffett_Groupie

Hi, folks:

Here you go:

http://www.kodakgallery.com/gallery/sharing/shareRedirectSwitchBoard.jsp?token=125672731606%3A637474210&sourceId=533754321803&cm_mmc=eMail-_-Share-_-Photos-_-Sharee

All photos are numbered, hence if you can simply let me know the ones you want and I'll e-mail them to you.  My e-mail is ajcinc@sprynet.com.

Enjoy and cheers!

Alan

Just to put things in perspective relative to the whining regarding the website...tell me the last time the CEO of a company brought his entire investment team and CEO's of large investees to a third-party dinner that they did not organize? 

Buffett goes to third-party functions, but he doesn't take half of Berkshire's executive team with him.  Prem brought about ten people to our dinner this year!  Not only Francis, Sam Mitchell, Brian Bradstreet, Paul Rivett, and Peter Furlan, but also the CEO's of Megablocks, Sandridge, Abitibi-Bowater, Kennedy-Wilson & The Brick!  It was nuts and the shareholders at our dinner loved every moment.

Unfortunately I have to step out of my hotel right now for a dinner, but I will expand on my comments above sometime this week.  In the meantime, I would ask that anyone who attended the festivities post their comments on this thread.  I think our boardmembers who were not able to attend will be quite surprised by the exact depth of Prem's loyalty to his shareholders.  If anyone deserves the mantle to Buffett, and I've never said this before, it's Prem!  Cheers!

but also the CEO's of Megablocks, Sandridge, Abitibi-Bowater, Kennedy-Wilson & The Brick!

Wow! You guys are spoiled!

Just to put things in perspective relative to the whining regarding the website...

Don't you worry, Sanj. There's always somebody whining about something. It's just human nature. Plus, FFH has become sort of a boring stock now...

Cheers!

Looks like a great evening. Lots of familiar names from this board and other value investing faces.

--

Myth, you and I will both have to splurge on the airfare and experience it for ourselves some day  :)

I agree. How bought next year we start a deal where you cover my airfare and I get you next year. Lets start with you  ;D

Just to put things in perspective relative to the whining regarding the website...tell me the last time the CEO of a company brought his entire investment team and CEO's of large investees to a third-party dinner that they did not organize? 

Buffett goes to third-party functions, but he doesn't take half of Berkshire's executive team with him.  Prem brought about ten people to our dinner this year!  Not only Francis, Sam Mitchell, Brian Bradstreet, Paul Rivett, and Peter Furlan, but also the CEO's of Megablocks, Sandridge, Abitibi-Bowater, Kennedy-Wilson & The Brick!  It was nuts and the shareholders at our dinner loved every moment.

Unfortunately I have to step out of my hotel right now for a dinner, but I will expand on my comments above sometime this week.  In the meantime, I would ask that anyone who attended the festivities post their comments on this thread.  I think our boardmembers who were not able to attend will be quite surprised by the exact depth of Prem's loyalty to his shareholders.  If anyone deserves the mantle to Buffett, and I've never said this before, it's Prem!  Cheers!

Wow, I am overwhelmed looking at the pics.. Fairfax team is the best !

Thanks for sharing the pics Alan and Thanks to you Sanj for the fantastic board.

Guest Bronco

Looks like a good time.  Quite the rowdy crew!

The only thing I am whining about these days is my beloved flyers.

Any good stories, anecdotes, or investment ideas from the trip?

Oh and I totally forgot to mention it...Mohnish also came with Prem!  We also raised over $11,000 for "The Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of Canada" in memory of JoAnn Butler, who passed away in May of 2009. 

I'll have a more accurate number after I add the checks that were sent to the office in the last couple of months.  There was a lot of comments this year, and I really need a few days to absorb it all and put pen to paper...or rather pixel to screen.  It was one of the greatest couple of days of my life!  Cheers

Sanjeev...congrats on the fundraising and to all the contributors.  Did you have any advance notice of the guests?

-O

Oh and I totally forgot to mention it...Mohnish also came with Prem!  We also raised over $11,000 for "The Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of Canada" in memory of JoAnn Butler, who passed away in May of 2009.  

Sanjeev...congrats on the fundraising and to all the contributors.  Did you have any advance notice of the guests?

I only expected Francis, Sam, Brian & Peter.  Mohnish had told me he was coming.  I had no idea about Prem, Paul or any of the CEO's from the investee companies.  It was a nice surprise to say the least!  ;D  Cheers!

I only expected Francis, Sam, Brian & Peter.  Mohnish had told me he was coming.  I had no idea about Prem, Paul or any of the CEO's from the investee companies.  It was a nice surprise to say the least!   ;D  Cheers!

I was very sad that I had to cancel my trip to Toronto this year.  Now, after seeing the pictures of this year's dinner, I am distraught! :)

Congrats on everything Sanjeev, especially the $11,000+ in donations!

Guest Bronco

It would be neat to put names with the faces.  Anyone care to volunteer - like, "hey, check out picture #5, that is me". 

People are a lot older than I would have thought.  And I don't mean that as an insult - I just made a right turn down "mid-life crisis Blvd."  To say it more positively, good to see we have such veteran leadership and wisdom on this board.

It's a real measure of respect for the senior leaders to make the effort to be at the dinner.  Obviously your own contributions, Sanjeev, have been the galvanizing effort in this 2-way relationship with the message boards and the FFH team.  Well done!

It has been about 12 or 13 years now since we started the journey down this path as FFH shareholders and it has been tremendously profitable.

-O

I only expected Francis, Sam, Brian & Peter.  Mohnish had told me he was coming.  I had no idea about Prem, Paul or any of the CEO's from the investee companies.  It was a nice surprise to say the least!   ;D  Cheers!