Warren Buffet: I Don't Have to be Smart About Everything

saumil

This is what I picked up on the most out of that...

How did you get your family to buy into your decision, to give away 99 percent of your wealth?

"They haven’t talked to me for quite a while. My family is going to be in the upper quarter of 1 percent or something like that of humanity in terms of the funds that they have at their disposal. My goal originally was to leave my children enough so that they could do anything, but not enough so that they could do nothing." (the italics are mine.)

I think that was probably a joke that didn't get conveyed very well by article

How did you get your family to buy into your decision, to give away 99 percent of your wealth?

"They haven’t talked to me for quite a while. My family is going to be in the upper quarter of 1 percent or something like that of humanity in terms of the funds that they have at their disposal. My goal originally was to leave my children enough so that they could do anything, but not enough so that they could do nothing." (the italics are mine.)

I think that was probably a joke that didn't get conveyed very well by article

One can only hope.